R&P why do people think rock n roll is the devil's music?

i mean c'mon seriously? some people though KISS stood for Knights In Satan's Service for pete's sake. what is your view/opinion on this

Update:

it may of been a long time ago. i just wanted some views/opinons :P it prolly still continues though

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Josh
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because fundamentalists ran out of things to judge

• Login to reply the answers
  • Erik G
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I think that some people, especially religious fundamentalists, think rock n'roll is the devil's music because they thought that's what makes teens sexually aroused, addicted, violent, anti-social, or just plain wild.

If they can tell that rock music has something to do with the devil, they either listen to the music for any lyrics related to immoral behavior or play it backwards to find any "hidden" satanic or drug-related messages. Example: If you play The Eagles' "Hotel California" in reverse you'll hear references to Satan. Also, reverse Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" and listen to "It's fun to smoke marijuana" in the chorus.

Some people charge that any type of rock music sometimes promote death. Emo music, for example, promotes self-harm in their lyrics and has lead to reports of teenage suicides.

It's ridiculous to hear that, as what you said, KISS (allegedly) stood or "Knights In Satan's Service". Rock stars may be accused by concerned parents or religious leaders, but they would still make music and attract fans. And don't forget: most rock music doesn't promote immoral behavior and is sometimes toned down by some music promoters.

• Dude
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Rock came from Blues which was originally called the Devils Music.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lots of reasons. first of all, most rock originated from blues back in the early days and blues was already known as "the devil's music." it seems that many of the things that made rock popular in the early days were provocative and offensive to the older generation (take elvis's pelvic thrust dance for example). i suppose that it was that sort of stigma that stuck with some people.

Source(s): foolish assumptions
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think it stemmed from parents being appalled by the way Elvis' music made their children dance... in a "posessed" type way. Ever since then, parents have been saying that rock is "the Devil's music!".

• 1 decade ago

A lot came from the Robert Johnson selling his soul legend.

• 1 decade ago

people have been saying that since the fifthy's,with church groups burning records,It was bad back then. Here is what Jerry Lee Lewis done,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Lee_Lewis

• 1 decade ago

When it first started back in the 50s people thought it would lead to sexual activity. In the sixties they thought it would lead to drugs and sexual activity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cuz ppl dont really listen to it its just not the kind of music they wanna listen to so they diss it and make up excuses as to why rock is so bad.

trust me im around these ppl all the time

I LOVE ROCK

so ya

• Well Jazz was said to be Devil's music too.... so I really don't know why

Source(s): Shout at the Devil- Motley Crue =)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.