!) It's green,
2)The oceans cover about 71% of the Earth’s surface, yet algae produce more than 71% of the Earth’s oxygen; in fact, some scientists believe that algae produce 87% of the world’s oxygen.
3)They also help remove huge amounts of Carbon Dioxide.
4) Some algae are so cool, they can live in the snow, just like the pink-colored algae in the picture below.
Some algae can live in boiling hot water, like these yellow, green, and orange algae in Yellowstone National Park.
5) Oxygen was poisonous to the organisms that populated the early Earth. By producing oxygen, the first algae may have created the greatest toxic waste crisis in history.
6) The descendants of some of the first algae probably live inside your cells.
7) Some algae seem more like animals than plants.
Some algae even hunt and kill fish for food!
8) Fossilized Algae are used to make dynamite.
9) Algae may be able to help save the planet.
10) Can be slimy
11) Algae (ăl´jē) [plural of Lat. alga=seaweed], a large and diverse group of primarily aquatic plantlike organisms.
Actually Algae can be good and some are bad.
12) They servive by photosynthesis. They are also a vital part of the food chain of the marine life.
Hope it helps, if not there are some fun facts.