Sad instrumental Songs for a drama piece?

ok, i have this drama piece to perform on thursday and need a sad instrumental song for my play ... basically someone has died and we need a song that will set the sad atmosphere any ideas ? please help

Favorite Answer

Evanescence - My Immortal (Kareoke/Instrumental Version) I used this one for my play where someone died and it created a really got atmosphere...

• Mary

How about something like the instrumental versions of 'Parisienne Walkways' or 'Nights in White Satin' - both are relatively slow and emotionally loaded. Other possibilities are a couple of Black Sabbath tracks: 'Tomorrow's Dream' or 'Planet Caravan' - not fully instrumental, but the vocals are probably not intrusive on Planet Caravan, and with Tomorrow's Dream you could either loop a bit or possibly just turn the treble down to cut the vocals. Edit: added some links. 1: Parisienne Walkways (starts about 90 seconds in to the clip) 2: Nights in white satin (from about 30 seconds in) 3: Planet Caravan 4: Tomorrow's Dream

Rachmaninov - Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini.

For something more un-usual but still heartwrenching look at the alum Craig Armstrong Film works 1995-2005. any songs on that are v beautiful, He is a modern composer and his work is all v powerful. personally i would suggest Main Theme from the quite american.

if u want me to send it to you for you to hear just ask.

• jacobs

1

Source(s): When Will Earth End? http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy/?263w

listen to the sound track of blade runner near the end of it there is a wonderfull piece of very sad haunting music good luck

debussy - clair de lune