My daughter has password locked her laptop?

She cant remember password

Is there anything that can be done

its a toshiba

She hasnt given herself a hint

Best Answer

I did that before...i called Best Buy and talked the Geek Squad...they told me how to unlock it...I don't remember the steps, so just call em up and they'll tell you!

• mark

Is it a bios password or a user password

If not a bios password

Try booting in safe mode (tap F8 while booting)

and log on as the administrator to remove the password by going into the control panel, users and edit her user account

• call the computer manufacturer and see if they can do anything about it

im not sure if this will work, but try rebooting the computer, starting in safe mode and resetting the password that way

i dont know if that will work or not, i never had this problem, i have gotten around screensaver passwords though

If there's an administrator you can delete her password off of it. If not, try this one it works sometimes, 0p3nf1l3d3let3pass2word. It depends on what computer but it might work, it definitely works on windows xp before 2005.

What I'd do is try reinstalling the operating system or take it to Best Buy like one of the suggestions said. I know, you'll lose everything, but you can't get to anything anyway the way it is. Also write it down the next time.

click on the hint...its the button with the question mark where it asks u to type the password..if you have a dell you didn't state what kind of computer she has

Login with Administrator user/password.

and Change her password from control panel "users"

• Kelly

Click on button that retrieves password and you should find some options regarding it's use.

Hahah I did this yesterday.

My mom was pissed.

Um, it should say "remember password" and then you have to download this like CDish thing, to get it back or something....at least thats what it is like for me

Yes, beat her until she remembers the password.