Will my son outgrow his fear of Elmo?

My 6 month old son is deathly afraid of Elmo. Whenever he sees Elmo on TV or we have been in a toy store and I have showed him the Elmo Live doll, he has burst into tears. The thing is, a family member just bought him an Elmo Live doll as a gift, and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to be rude and ask where they bought it so we can return it because he's terrified of it, but I also don't want to keep it if he'll never play with it. Is he likely to outgrow this fear soon? Thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My son is the same way and he is 6 months as well, lol.

I am still freaked out by that laughing elmo. I don't like it so I don't expect my son to like that little furry creature. ugh.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know you're seeking help but this is the cutest/funniest thing I've ever read on here! Afraid of Elmo... awww poor guy!

What makes him afraid of Elmo? Just the movement or the voice?

Is it only Elmo??

• 1 decade ago

Probably not if you want the truth. My neice is 5 and has always been afraid of Elmo and I mean crying and screaming when she was younger. She still gets teary eyed and shivers when she sees him and God forbid Sesame Street be on tv.

Personally I find him a little creepy myself.

• 1 decade ago

I'm deathly afraid of Elmo and I'm 26, lol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He may stop being so afraid, but I doubt if he will ever like it. Just take the doll to Walmart/Target, they probably carry it and will take it back.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.