What''s the difference between the Lord of Destruction (from Diablo II) "Full Install" and "Standard Install"?

I would just install the full version, but I'm trying to conserve HD space...

Favorite Answer

Full install includes the cinematic, so instead of playing the cinematic from the disk, it will play from your hard drive. So, when you finish a chapter, you don't need to swap out the play disk for the cinema disk.

Full install basically makes it so that the entire disc (movies and all) are on your hard drive. I've never done it that way (multiplayer is all I use it for) but if you are one of those people that just has to see the movies, go for it. But if you are trying to conserve space Multiplayer install is really the thing you want. It will give you the option to put in the disc to watch the movies when the time comes, and give you the option to hit "cancel" and just skip the movie.

I would recommend keep the FULL version on your hard drive, because it saves you time and keeps your Diablo 2 CDs, clean & undamaged in its case. With a FULL installation, you are not required to have your disc in the cd-drive to play. It's only an addition few hunderd mbs, to do that. This will prevent the cd-drive from being overused whenever you play. It's a good way to keep the Cd's organized and back on the shelf for future reference and not being misplaced.

Hope that helps.