Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

A film i believe it was based on english history about a forced marriage with a young girl and a boy?

I want to know the name of a film where it was based(victorians) i think in england maybe somewhere sort of (classic queens and kings film) else and it was a forced marriage between a girl and boy they hated each other at first then they fell in love but because something to do with the family line they are be headed killed or one banished....please help me if u know this film

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lady Jane (1986)

starring Helena Bonham Carter, Cary Elwes, John Wood, Michael Hordern, Jill Bennett, Jane Lapotaire, Patrick Stewart, Joss Ackland

IMDb synopsis:

The death of King Henry VIII throws his kingdom into chaos because of succession disputes. His weak son Edward, is on his deathbed. Anxious to keep England true to the Reformation, a scheming minister John Dudley marries off his son, Guildford to Lady Jane Grey, whom he places on the throne after Edward dies. At first hostile to each other, Guildford and Jane fall in love. But they cannot withstand the course of power which will lead to their ultimate downfall.

TRIVIA:

Cary Elwes is related to both Guilford Dudley and Lady Jane Grey on his father's side. Because Dudley and Grey never had children, Elwes is the direct descendant to Dudley and Grey's siblings: Mary Dudley, Guilford's sister, and Katherine Grey, Jane's sister, who was also the wife of Edward Seymour.

The film portrays Jane as a dark-eyed, dark-haired girl when in actuality, Lady Jane Grey was very fair with blond hair and light eyes. She was described as very pleasant-looking except for her freckles, which were considered unbecoming on a young lady at the time.

In reality, Lady Jane and Guilford Dudley barely knew each other and were not together during their imprisonment. // Obviously, history shouldn't stand in the way of a tragic love story.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQq98K-823w

Youtube thumbnail

YouTube has the film in 14 parts. Here's Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT4x27toJo

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sounds like a good film! Hope you get your answer :o) You might like to watch Dangerous Liaisons. It's about a messed up couple who set up another couple only to shame them and tear apart their hearts using s*x and scandle, only one of them falls in love which completly messes things up and some dies in a dual. Also based in King and Queen times. It's an adaptation of a French Film, but the American version with it's all star cast is just as good I felt. Or if that's too much, watch Crual Intentions, a 90's teenager version starring Michelle Gealher (Buffy) girl.

• Sofia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Sounds like Tudor Rose - its an old film

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like it could be Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dunst - although it was set in France.

She was married at a youngish age (i think in their teens) and had a troubled marriaged with her husband. Later they were exiled...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.