Blue B asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

How thorough are Walmart eye exams?

I am on suuuch a tight budget (I have to stretch $130 into new eyeglasses, an exam, and a new pc case lol) and my friend told me I could get an exam at Walmart so I am curious as to how thorough it is? Like...will I get my prescription and it's ridiculously off?

Favorite Answer

I personally work for Walmart Optical. I have been there for over 6 years. Let me be the first to say that Walmart Optical is going to be as good as any optical shop, as far as quality and workmanship on spectacles goes.

The Dr's inside most Walmart Opticals are going to be independent. They will rent out the space and only make money on the eye exams that they do. They will all have different policy and procedures. The Dr that I work with is wonderful! He has 4-5 associate drs that work for him in two other walmart opticals. Our patient count is through the roof! And we have grown in popularity by word of mouth.

The best advice I can give you is to seek out others who have seen the DR at your local walmart. See how they were treated. I tell you this because all Dr's are different. And I can only speak of the DRs I work with. Find out what their policies are on incorrect Rx's...for instance..if you get the glasses...how long do you have to go back if the Rx doesnt seem correct. Our dr will see you within 60 days of your original exam date without an additional charge...same at walmart..if any dr changes your Rx within 60 days of original exam date..then we will remake your glasses free of charge! Thats 30 days longer than lenscrafters warranty!

If you have any additonal questions, please let me know! You can get an Eye Exam and a pair of glasses for under 130 bucks at my vision center. But we are located in Georgia...Im not sure where you are located.

Good LUCK!

Source(s): Certified Optician @ Walmart Optical

2

Source(s): Request Walmart Gift Card : http://walmartgiftcard.ohfos.com/?zZo

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How thorough are Walmart eye exams?

Source(s): walmart eye exams: https://tr.im/tdEVn

Walmart eye exams are about as good as anyones. My niece has been there as well as my cousin. I have learned that some health departments also give eye examinations as well as provide eye glasses. I don't know if it is free or if there is a nominal fee, but check it out. A friend of mine told me about it. The only reason that I haven't went is that because the doctor here where I reside only sees patients on specific days. Transportation is a major problem for me.

If you're a bit nervous, ask for references. If they're not forth coming, go somewhere else.

Source(s): People in my family have gotten their eyes tested at Walmart.

My husband has been getting his glasses from Walmart for many years. We tried an independent eye dealer last year and he had nothing but problems. I think Walmart Optical is just as good as most. I know my husband is going back there again this year. I don't get my exams there, but they've always been great about doing my frames and lenses. I would highly recommend them..

I've been getting my prescription for like 5 years at Walmart because it's cheap and close and convenient. I have never had a problem with wrong prescriptions. You have a preconceived notion that they will suck because they are "walmart" but it would be technically illegal for them to be giving out wrong prescriptions. Also the doctors in the eye exam places aren't even affiliated with walmart. They are totally different businesses.

I got one at an actual eye doctor years back, they messed up a lot with me.

Yeah, now i went to walmart a month ago, and well they found a few things out, and now i can actually see with this pair of glasses.

• Laura

walmart eye exams

1

Source(s): Improve Your Eyesight Fast : http://improveeyesight.uzaev.com/?dYWR

they are fine. i have a friend who works for one and they have plenty of happy customers. sam's has optical shops as well.