How long does it take to get approved for a FHA Loan?

We already found a house and we made an offer, and the seller countered and we accepted. We signed the contract Fri. My hubby locked in his rate and has to fax over all the paper work to the mortgage company tomorrow. On the contract it states that we have to be approved for the mortgage by April 17th 09 if not... show more We already found a house and we made an offer, and the seller countered and we accepted. We signed the contract Fri.

My hubby locked in his rate and has to fax over all the paper work to the mortgage company tomorrow. On the contract it states that we have to be approved for the mortgage by April 17th 09 if not we can get an extension. I was wondering how long does it take to get approved. he has already been pre approved plus he has good credit.

what are his chances of getting approved?Also he putting down 5% on 254,000

I am just hoping that we can get this done in time. we have to get the house inspected in 10 days whic we will do this week hopefully.

Should I worry?