Can you tell me more about...?

Salaam,

Can you tell me more about respect towards parents? What are the rewards? And what is the punishment for those who disrespect or abandon their parents?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Zaru

• Favorite Answer

Salam,

31:14

"And We have enjoined man in respect of his parents-- his mother bears him with faintings upon faintings and his weaning takes two years-- saying: Be grateful to Me and to both your parents; to Me is the eventual coming."

46:15

"And We have enjoined on man doing of good to his parents; with trouble did his mother bear him and with trouble did she bring him forth; and the bearing of him and the weaning of him was thirty months; until when he attains his maturity and reaches forty years, he says: My Lord! grant me that I may give thanks for Thy favor which Thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do good which pleases Thee and do good to me in respect of my offspring; surely I turn to Thee, and surely I am of those who submit."

2:83

"And when We made a covenant with the children of Israel: You shall not serve any but Allah and (you shall do) good to (your) parents, and to the near of kin and to the orphans and the needy, and you shall speak to men good words and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate. Then you turned back except a few of you and (now too) you turn aside."

4:36

"And serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents..."

13:23

"The gardens of perpetual abode which they will enter along with those who do good from among their parents and their spouses and their offspring; and the angels will enter in upon them from every gate"

29:8

"And We have enjoined on man goodness to his parents...."

i think all these verse show how important Parents and the respect towards them are......

my favourit verse about Parents is:

17:23

" And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word."

just like Salat, Fasting and etc etc is wajib on us, it's also WAJIB to respect parents......

only just now when i was giving you the verses, i came to realize that Allah SWT in many places puts the "respecting parents" issue next to worshiping Allah SWT alone......

in my opinion this can even mean disrespecting your parents may be just as bad as shirk.......

heaven is beneath the feet of mothers......

May Allah SWT keep all the parents safe and healthy for their chidlren InshaAllah.....

Peace.

Source(s): the truth speaks for itself........