If black people get college for free, then why are my friends, in the same loan boat as whites?

i keep hearing, some disgruntled whites, always toting the whole "blacks can go to college for free, they get scholarships".

but i actually asked my black friends, and they said, they too have to take out loans. that they too are in the same boat as whites.

so why do people keep throwing out the free college thing? its just as bad as people who keep saying blacks have their own college, when in reality, its a historically black college (meaning USED to be all black).

are some people just trying to make an issue out something that isnt an issue?

Favorite Answer

Sweetie, some people are just ignorant. They post things they made up in their head with no facts to prove anything. I pay my tuition as well. I really don't know what part of the woods some of these idiots come from. They still don't understand that ignorance is a choice. While others are progressing in life, they sit behind their cpu's and make made up racial statements so they can feell good about themselves. Don't take them serious, I don't!

• Choc1

That's because they don't know us. So it's easier for them to assume than it is to ask questions. I have an $11,000 loan I have to pay back, so I don't know what they're talking about.

edit: And I NEVER qualified for financial aid. As a matter of fact, I put myself through college (working full-time) because I didn't have the luxury of having my PARENTS pay for MY TUITION.

edit: Mariah C

It's not that most are stuck in ghettoes where education is not a priority. It's that many resources are not available to them as their White counterparts i.e. decent educational facilities. So affirmative action is the governments way of compensating them. I would prefer to have the schools in the U.S. all mirror each other no matter what part of town they're located in.

*Please do NOT speak on the ghetto when you know nothing about it. As a matter of fact, most Black live in Black communities NOT the ghetto, you may want to learn the difference between the two. What's unfair is that Whites get a headstart with education, it's funny how those people do not see that.

• James6 years agoReport

Dats da way da lawd set it up dude, he da man!

A . Bunker

it need's to be free for all america's and it not being free to all will be the down fall of this country education is important

lmao **** that! my parents are wallowing in paying off my tuition now so i dont have to deal with it when i graduate. thats 35 thousand a year. so please lead me to line where we get free college tuition because my friends and i would love to know!

there are colleges in the ivy league and such schools who try to bring in as much diversity as possible and if youre below a certain income they will give you a substantial amount of money. those schools are difficult enough to get into as it is though. one of my friends back home (black girl) got into cornell university and she basically has a free ride because her parents have three other kids in school (all top schools might i add - johns hopkins, sarah lawrence, and nyu) so you can imagine with schools like that how much debt they would have by the end of all their schooling if those schools didnt help them out. of course the cornell situation is unique because shes brilliant and they just accepted her - they arent even sending out general admissions yet and she didnt apply early! im so proud of her. : ]

theres nothing wrong with historically black colleges (not all black but yes predominantly) any more than historically catholic, predominantly white, or jewish colleges but you dont hear people bitching about that. i wanted to go to howard (an hbcu) but it was too close to home lol plus i fell in love with new york and there arent any hbcus in the north of course. : \

but i love my school still : ]

Source(s): black girl - freshy in college : ]
    • James6 years agoReport

Well girl is true dos pdominently blck colleges aint got da doe is why dey can do so much for da darkie students,

Yeah, so you spoke out. With English like that, it looks like you won't be going to college any time soon.

"are some people just trying to make an issue out something that isnt an issue?"

Bingo!

Just makes 'em feel better about their failures if they imagine that other people are getting stuff they don't deserve for free. This is what is called in the African American culture, a "Hater"

Wow um? Native Americans get into college free not black people dear.

the last I heard black people have to pay for their education the same as everyone else.

these people you are talking about must think I'm black since the state paid for the last 2 years of my undergraduate degree.

• upside

I can't think of anyone i know that's going to college for free...Well i'm going for free but i had to spend 4 years in the military to do it.

I didn't go to college for free. Of course, my sister and I were lucky enough to have parents that were able to pay for our education without us having to pay any loans. People need to stop worrying about blacks and wonder why the hell illegal immigrants are going to college for free. They're the ones that are taking EXTREME advantage of the system.