What kind of licensing do I need to set up a residential facility for Military Veterans?

I want to set up a residential facility for homeless military veterans. What kind of license is required in Los Angeles County? Where can I find information, guidance, mentoring, and networking groups.? I am interested in providing long term transitional housing, access to community services, nutritious meals, and transportation.

Which forum, if any, is the right one for this question?

*Cabrillo Villages, a U.S. Vets facility in Long Beach, CA, is a successful comprehensive program for male and female veterans. http://www.usvetsinc.org/locations/location.asp?id...

• Best Answer

The press would like everyone to believe the VA does nothing and that there are millions of homeless vets.

The VA does plenty and there may be:

About one-third of the adult homeless population have served their country in the Armed Services. Current population estimates suggest that about 154,000 veterans (male and female) are homeless on any given night and perhaps twice as many experience homelessness at some point during the course of a year.

Hate to burst your bubble that you would be breaking new ground. You would need medical and mental health pros' involved 24/7. Not much different than opening a home for the elderly. Hope you recently won the Lotto.

Try to remember that there are around 25,000,000 Vets living now. 154,000 is less than 1%.

Most out there claiming to be Vets are not and use the ruse to "work" people. How do I come to this conclusion..simple after years of working in San Francisco and asking the clowns simple questions about what they did in the Service is is SO FREAKING obvious they were never "in" it is beyond funny.

What makes you think this forum is the right one to ask this anyway?

SSG US Army 73-82

Edit: The correct forum does not exist in here. I have no idea if you are sincere of just another knucklehead coming inot this forum to stir the pot. The amount of legal issues involved in the licensceing of a care facitlity should be surprising too you.

Go to the 2nd link. Make sure you are sitting down first. I was very serious when I asked if you have recently come into a very large sum of cash as it is very apparent you are in way over your head!!

When I was in the Alarm business we had to jump thru hoops to be in biz. My lady friend has a Health Club and Spa that requires health inspections, employees must have certain training and be registered with the city. The cops come in and make sure it is not a whorehouse because they do massage along with the exercise rooms.

Get an Attorney if you are serious and have $$$$$.

I have a great house that ai need information on how to set it up for homeless Vets, I can put at least 6 Vets in one and we have two other houses that can accommodate another six or seven, how do I do this ?