Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

about skin and zinc supplements...?

im taking zinc tablets once daily with breakfast because i had quite a few signs of zinc deficiency...one of which is bad skin.

how long after i take the zinc should my skin start to improve?

Favorite Answer

Dear Mary M, With 2 teenage sons I know all of the tricks. Zinc is a very useful mineral for treating acne. The RDA for women is about 15 mg. daily. My experience with this treatment is in about 1 week you should notice a difference. 1 package of Emergin-C (best price Trader Joe's) daily with the zinc is what i do for maintenance. For over night breakouts that suddenly appear, mix 3 aspirin with a couple of drops of fresh lemon juice and apply( works wonders). The aspirin combats the puffiness and the lemon takes care of drying up the acne. Hope this helps.