How long should refinancing take?

We started a refinance with BofA January 8. We still have not heard anything except that we are in the "queue" and it has been 71 days! They have redone our lock rate 3 times and it is running out again in a few days. We got all the paperwork in months ago, and our LTV is only 25 %. My husband thinks... show more We started a refinance with BofA January 8. We still have not heard anything except that we are in the "queue" and it has been 71 days! They have redone our lock rate 3 times and it is running out again in a few days. We got all the paperwork in months ago, and our LTV is only 25 %. My husband thinks they are just sitting on it and never will really do anything. Any suggestions? Is anyone else in a similar situation? Is it because the rates dropped so low and there are too many applications for them to handle?
Update: My husband went into the local B of A branch and they said they had not closed a mortgage loan in three months! Not one!
1 answer 1