Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

U.S. Marshal Duty Stations (Preferably answered by someone w/ U.S. Marshal Service/similar gov agency)?

I am seriously considering the U.S. Marshal's Service as a career. I have 7 years of experience in the Marine Corps and am currently a junior in college. I am looking into one of their internship programs. Although I have done a lot of research online, I can't seem to find much information about the mobility agreement that deputy marshalls have to sign once hired. I understand that the first duty station is filled by the needs of the Marshal Service, but after that is where it gets confusing. Are you basically moved to a new duty station every 3 years or after the first one, can you stay at one location for awhile? While I'm definitly interested, if I wanted to move every 3 years I could have stayed in the active duty Marine Corps. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I work on a Fugitive Task Force with a number of U.S. Marshals... they have basically a permanent assignment, with some exceptions.

They can choose to transfer, but for the most part, can stay in a particular station their entire career.

Most of these guys are young and have families with young children, so stability is important. And the Marshals service recognizes that fact.

Source(s): The Enforcer
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.