U.S. Marshal Duty Stations (Preferably answered by someone w/ U.S. Marshal Service/similar gov agency)?

I am seriously considering the U.S. Marshal's Service as a career. I have 7 years of experience in the Marine Corps and am currently a junior in college. I am looking into one of their internship programs. Although I have done a lot of research online, I can't seem to find much information about the mobility agreement that deputy marshalls have to sign once hired. I understand that the first duty station is filled by the needs of the Marshal Service, but after that is where it gets confusing. Are you basically moved to a new duty station every 3 years or after the first one, can you stay at one location for awhile? While I'm definitly interested, if I wanted to move every 3 years I could have stayed in the active duty Marine Corps. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

I work on a Fugitive Task Force with a number of U.S. Marshals... they have basically a permanent assignment, with some exceptions.

They can choose to transfer, but for the most part, can stay in a particular station their entire career.

Most of these guys are young and have families with young children, so stability is important. And the Marshals service recognizes that fact.

Source(s): The Enforcer