promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Richard Nixon...? analyzing information that relates back to thesis?

I'm doing a research paper on him.

My thesis is "He was an ambitious politician who always strived to win and strongly pursued his beliefs through tricky and dirty tactics."

I provided evidence for it but my teacher is telling me to analyze my information. I have no idea how to.

How would you analyze this?

"Although he lost the debates, his manipulation of having the public believe Voorhis was a communist was what allowed Nixon to win and become a Congressman for the Republican party in 1946."

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I'm at a dead end.

Also, the paper requires 5-7 pages. I have 5, but I was thinking of including the Watergate Scandal. Should I still include it? Or just use the information I already have?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

to analyze information think of the basic statement what does this mean to (Paragraph's idea)

I would include a little bit about water gate

water gate from wikipedia:

Watergate scandal

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Watergate (disambiguation).

The Watergate complex, where the break-in occurred

The Watergate scandals were a series of American political scandals during the presidency of Richard Nixon that resulted in the indictment of several of Nixon's closest advisors, and ultimately his resignation on August 9, 1974. The scandals began with the arrest of five men for breaking and entering into the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate Office complex in Washington, D.C. on June 17, 1972. Investigations conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and later by the Senate Watergate Committee, House Judiciary Committee and the press revealed that this burglary was one of many illegal activities authorized and carried out by Nixon's staff. They also revealed the immense scope of crimes and abuses, which included campaign fraud, political espionage and sabotage, illegal break-ins, improper tax audits, illegal wiretapping on a massive scale, and a secret slush fund laundered in Mexico to pay those who conducted these operations.[1] This secret fund was also used as hush money to buy the silence of the seven men who were indicted for the June 17 break-in.[2][3]

Nixon and his staff conspired to cover up the break-in as early as six days after it occurred.[4] After two years of mounting evidence against the President and his staff, which included former staff members testifying against them in a Senate investigation, it was revealed that Nixon had a tape recording system in his offices and that he had recorded many conversations.[5][6] Recordings from these tapes revealed that he had obstructed justice and attempted to cover up the break-in.[4][7] This recorded conversation later became known as the Smoking Gun. After a series of court battles, the United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled in United States v. Nixon that the President had to hand over the tapes; he ultimately complied.

With certainty of an impeachment in the House of Representatives and the strong possibility of a conviction in the Senate, Nixon resigned ten days later, becoming the only US President to have resigned from office.[8][9] His successor, Gerald Ford, would issue a controversial pardon for any federal crimes Nixon may have committed while in office.

Watergate

(timeline)

Events

Watergate burglaries

Watergate tapes

Saturday Night Massacre

United States v. Nixon

People

Richard Nixon

Justice system:

Archibald Cox

John Sirica

L. Patrick Gray

Journalists:

Carl Bernstein

Bob Woodward

Informants:

W. Mark Felt

aka "Deep Throat"

Conspirators:

John Dean

John Ehrlichman

H. R. Haldeman

E. Howard Hunt

Egil Krogh

G. Gordon Liddy

Jeb Magruder

John N. Mitchell

"Watergate Seven"

List of people

connected with Watergate

Groups

Committee to Re-elect the President

White House Plumbers

Senate Watergate Committee

Contents [hide]

1 Break-in

2 Significance

3 Investigation

4 Tapes

4.1 Saturday Night Massacre

4.2 Supreme Court

5 Articles of impeachment, resignation, and convictions

5.1 Corporate campaign contributions

6 Pardon and controversy

7 Aftermath

8 Alternative theories

9 See also

10 References

11 Further reading

12 External links

[edit]Break-in

Main article: Watergate burglaries

On June 17, 1972, Frank Wills, a security guard at the Watergate Complex, noticed tape covering the locks on several doors in the complex. He took the tape off, and thought nothing of it. An hour later, he discovered that someone had retaped the locks. He called the police and five men were arrested inside the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) office.[10] The five men were Virgilio González, Bernard Barker, James W. McCord, Jr., Eugenio Martínez, and Frank Sturgis. The five were charged with attempted burglary and attempted interception of telephone and other communications. On September 15, a grand jury indicted them and two other men (E. Howard Hunt, Jr. and G. Gordon Liddy[1]) for conspiracy, burglary and violation of federal wiretapping laws.

The men who broke into the office were tried and convicted in January 1973. All seven men were either directly or indirectly employed by President Nixon's Committee to Re-elect the President (CRP, or sometimes pejoratively referred to as CREEP) and many people, including the trial judge, John J. Sirica, suspected a conspiracy involving higher-echelon government officials.[11] In March 1973, James McCord wrote a letter to Judge John J. Sirica charging a cover up of the burglary. His letter transformed the affair into a political scandal of unprecedented magnitude.[12]

[edit]Significance

The scandal revealed the existence of a White House dirty tricks squad, which was behind an

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

True, children are the only ones naive enough to believe in his "Fairy Tales. Stunting their intellectual/emotional growth with that will buy him the "Lost Boys" vote, who've received a booster shot of Peter-Pan serum, to perpetuate their immaturity. As long as he gets another term, the liberal mantra of the -end justifies the means- (leaving HELL in his wake that he no longer gives a Damn about). What an Ego. Lie, cheat, steal, it's all good, as long as he wins. Extremely dangerous, and using mental children to do his dirty work, is putrid in the extreme. The Pied Piper did the same. Progressives are very much eugenics (which they extend to society, to all it's parts, as a whole) participants, they wish to remove all that isn't a perfect paradise for them. Since there's nothing perfect, they're removing everything. Have seen the pictures of their future burning in Greece.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.