Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

Haven't Feminists lost their credibility thanks to the extreme-radical feminists?

Yeah...looks like they HAVE evolved from simply radical feminists to "Extreme-Radical feminists"

"Harriet Harmon recently introduced an outrageously misnamed ‘Equality Bill’, which actually proposed to give legal sanction to overt discrimination against men in job recruitment"

Can you believe this womans nerve?!

How long do you think it'll take this devil to spread her evil to other countries as well?

we must commend this womans "balls" however for her open misandry and intended malevolence towards men

@ LOLSUP- Well Lolsup its getting harder and harder to distinguish between the radicals and you now.

Also

Unlike you I don't value tyranny and thus have no reason to envy it and therefore do not acquire this "butthurt" you speak of.

Perhaps you idolize the radical tyrants for voicing out what you would otherwise have voiced out had you the guts to.........

@ Louisebro - "Balls" represents "Guts" in urban slang... its typical of the radical feminist within you to be able to twist it into a sexism issue

@ Andrew - Yeah unfortunately the feminist movement is represented by the radical misandrists and Sadly nobody gives a rats $$ about the righteous feminist saints who simply proclaim themselves as feminists just for the title whilst doing nothing for the advocacy of womens right and sexual equality....

@ Salim - Yes.. valuable opinions and significant Intel concerning the topic at hand. Respect brother

Favorite Answer

Radical feminist are the reason why i hate feminism. Feminism is nothing to do with equality.

Instead, it is movement to promote women's interests at the expense of men.

Despite claims by some moderate (and misled) feminists to the contrary, feminism is not a movement for the betterment of men and women. If it was, it would be called humanism.

Feminists are not concerned, for example, about the fact that four times as many men commit suicide as women, that one in ten American boys are being drugged with ritalin or other medication or that far fewer boys attend college or graduate from high school than girls.

Feminists demand that we treat men and women as exactly equal unless it suits women to differentiate between the sexes.

For example, a typical feminist will see no irony in arguing on one hand that women need ever greater protection from domestic violence, rape and sexual harassment (even if it means destroying the lives of innocent men) but on the other hand that women are just as good as men at fighting, construction, farming, police work, etc.

In short, feminism is the politics of convenience. And if you don't think feminist leaders are misandrist, you are in denial. Here, in their own words, is how leading feminists see men:

"All men are rapists and that's all they are." Marilyn French, Author; (later, advisor to Al Gore's Presidential Campaign.)

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience." Catherine Comin, Vassar College. Assistant Dean of Students.

"I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor.

"I believe that women have a capacity for understanding and compassion which man structurally does not have, does not have it because he cannot have it. He's just incapable of it." Former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan.

"If the classroom situation is very heteropatriarchal--a large beginning class of 50 to 60 students, say, with few feminist students--I am likely to define my task as largely one of recruitment...of persuading students that women are oppressed," said Professor Joyce Trebilcot of Washington University, as quoted in Who Stole Feminism: How Women Have Betrayed Women.

"And if the professional rapist is to be separated from the average dominant heterosexual (male), it may be mainly a quantitative difference." Susan Griffin, Rape: The All-American Crime.

"(Rape) is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear".

Susan Brownmiller, Against Our Will p.6.

"We are taught, encouraged, moulded by and lulled into accepting a range of false notions about the family. As a source of some of our most profound experiences, it continues to be such an integral part of our emotional lives that it appears beyond criticism. Yet hiding from the truth of family life leaves women and children vulnerable." Canadian Panel on Violence Against Women.

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." Catherine McKinnon (respected legal scholar; University of Michigan, & Yale; inventor of the "sexual harassment" paradigm)

"The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness...can be trained to do most things." Jilly Cooper, SCUM (Society For Cutting Up Men.)

"When a woman reaches orgasm with a man she is only collaborating with the patriarchal system, eroticizing her own oppression..." Sheila Jeffrys.

"The traditional flowers of courtship are the traditional flowers of the grave, delivered to the victim before the kill. The cadaver is dressed up and made up and laid down and ritually violated and consecrated to an eternity of being used." Andrea Dworkin

'To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he's a machine, a walking dildo." Scum Manifesto. (Valerie Solanas)

"There are no boundaries between affectionate sex and slavery in (the male) world. Distinctions between pleasure and danger are academic; the dirty-laundrylist of 'sex acts'...includes rape, foot binding, fellatio, intercourse, auto eroticism, incest, anal intercourse, use and production of pornography, cunnilingus, sexual harassment, and murder." J. Levine; summarizing comment on the WAS document, (A southern Women's Writing Collective: Women Against Sex.)

"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig." Andrea Dworkin; from her book Ice and Fire .

"I was, in reality, bred by my parents as my father's concubine... What we take for granted as the stability of family life may well depend on the sexual slavery of our children. What's more, this is a cynical arrangement our institutions have colluded to conceal." Journalist Sylvia Fraser

"Sexism is NOT the fault of women--kill your fathers, not y

to a large extent, yes i think. Its too bad because to me, feminsim means equality between the sexes socially and before the law which, i think is what most ppl want. No sex being more powerfull than the other. But when a lot of ppl think of feminism, they think of radical crazy feminism in which the women are man haters who want to take over the world and castrate males every where. ITs a shame really since what fememism stands for which is equality for all, is such a great concept that it has been polluted by the extreemists.

I honestly think you are right. I believe that there should not be a 2 pt lead for anyone. If you are right for the job, then you are right for the job. If not then back down. That's just like people getting special consideration in college due to race. Wrong, I studied way harder, and had a 3.95-4.0gpa and they only had to have a 2.0gpa and still got all of the benefits even with those horrid grades. It's not balanced. I look at people not color or gender for a job, or school. when you are on paper, you are a single person, you shouldn't even have those to be considered for a job, or school.

I think everything needs to be rebalanced again. Certain jobs most women can't hack. I know I've lead male troops with a woman or two, and yes I am female. Most women crack under certain types of pressure. But, that doesn't take into account, men's own personal weaknesses. As I said each needs to be judged individually. I may be able to handle a weapon I pick up, or shoot it properly, but the woman next to me may want to be a judge or a mother.

I hope you see my point that it is one person who is extreme. Not all of us who want equality are thinking it should be handed on a silver platter.

Source(s): priorx3, manager, other leadership positions held.

Well, I have never heard of her actually. I do a "man's" job, I get paid the same and get the hell on with my life. I am a woman and do not subscribe to feminist anything. If people can just be fair to each other there is no need for that rhetoric or any other.

• Yes, they have. If this "Equality Bill" becomes a reality, it doesn't matter what percentage of feminists are radical and how many aren't, it doesn't matter what the meaning of a "real feminist" is, the only thing that will matter to men is that they are going to be blatantly discriminated against and no feminist (radical or not) seems to be bothered by it.

Even if only 1% of feminists are radical, as long as they are the ones proposing laws and the ones with the most influence in the government, men are just as screwed as if 100% of feminists were radical.

The only place I hear about her is here in GWS-she doesn't seem to make any impact anywhere else or to anyone else. Never hear US feminist groups discussing her, plus she doesn't seem to have made much if any impact here in the US on non-feminists or conservative religious or political groups, as haven't seen them up in arms about her either. Perhaps she's a local issue only? Don't see her spreading anywhere..sounds a bit paranoid. She's a non-issue here.

No more so than Islam has lost its credibility thanks to their extremists. Which is to say that a lot of people think Islam is totally discredited, many think it still has credibility, and there are millions of Muslims who know in their heart of hearts that their religion is not one of extremism, but is twisted by zealots. They keep faithfully practicing what they know to be real Islam, even as Islam gets maligned in the press.

That's how I view feminism.

Yes, Harriet Harmon is an idiot. But she doesn't represent my brand of feminism, and I refuse to give up my movement just because women like her try to hijack it. Anybody who looks at the tenets of feminism can tell she isn't fighting for equality at all, and it is a complete misnomer to say she is with us.

Not among people who are smart enough to make the distinction between real feminists and people like Harriet Harman.

ask Andrew w about this he lives in the U.K. And yes it is a very real no one is high look it up. Feminist need to stop thinking we are making this stuff up and read and yes if it can happen there it can happen here so why not pay attention to it. lol sup: its like your saying sure they are discriminating against the Jews in in Germany but here our form of Nazism here in America we are less extreme. lol

• Chris

Feminists had credibility?

Feminism never have any credibility in the first place; it is largely a movement built upon/around lies, deceits and misandry. But unfortunately a lot of people are buying into feminists lies and giving feminsim far more credibility than it deserve. The good news is that as more and more of these man-haters show their true color, more people are going to wake up and realize the truth about feminism.