me asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

best books for teens?

i want books to read while im in a 15 hr plane ride so can u give me some really good interesting ones like sad ones funny ones romance ones

i dnt want no twilight series ive already read it

an no harry otter

or sisters of the traveling pants series

i want really good ones and if u can give a description about it and if possible some links

thnx sooo much!!!

Favorite Answer

here r my favorites: (in order)

the uglies series - 300 years in the future ppl get a surgery that

makes them pretties and this is what tally young blood hashas wanted ever since she was a little. but soon she will have to choose between her fantasy and her friend (movie commig out in 2011

-uglies

-pretties

-specials

-extras

The twilight series: stephanie meyers

Everlost- 2 teenagers get into a head on crash and go into a limbo called everlost. not heaven or hell. there are many twists. and a HUGE twist at the end. neal shusterman

- there will be a movie and series comming out soon.

Fear street nights - group of friends that sneek out at night and call them selves tha night ppl. out of noware ppl start getting killed by mysterious means. this one had me turning the pages all night long! r.l. stien

-midnight secrets

-moonlight games

-darkest dawn

fear street novels - AWESOME mysteries (not a series, just a bunch of page turners, that r by the same author and keepp you gessing) r.l. stien

-all night party

-the confession

-the gift

-the first date

-the rich girl

-switched

-the halloween party

-the new girl

-the best friend

-the stepsister

-secret admirer

-killers kiss

- there are thousands

Identical-Kaeleigh and Raeanne are 16-year-old identical twins, the daughters of a district court judge father and politician mother running for US Congress. Everything on the surface seems fine, but underneath run very deep and damaging secrets. When the girls were 9, Daddy started to turn to his beloved Kaeleigh in ways a father never should and has been sexually abusing her for years. For Raeanne, she needs to numb the pain of not being Daddy's favorite; for Kaeleigh, she wants to do everything she can to feel something normal, even if it means cutting herself and vomiting after every binge.

How Kaeleigh and Raeanne figure out just what it means to be whole again when their entire world has been torn to shreds is the guts and heart of this powerful, disturbing, and utterly remarkable book. ellen hopkins

Crank series- a girl gets into drugs and it ruined her life and it has a awesome endin! ellen hopkins

-crank

-glass

burned - awesome book about a mormon (idk how to spell that) that doesnt like the laws/rules of her religion and decides to try to be herself but her abuseive father says no and she goes to live with her aunt and .......... well cant tell you the rest lol. ellen hopkins

Impulse by ellen hopkins i finished reading it not long ago. i LOVED it! its about a group of three friends. who hae tried to attempt suicide band after they failed they went to a place called aspen springs. this is where they met. HUGE twist @ the end

I'm 19, most of these I read in the last few years ^^

For fantasy:

Diana Wynne Jones, Garth Nix and Charles De Lint.

The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix contains romance and is one of my favourites.

Conrad's Fate by Diana Wynne Jones, not sure how to describe it. Fantasy, family relationships, mystery and a touch of horror - though not really-.

Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones has romance and a beautiful one at that. The movie based off of it has almost nothing to do with the story in the boo which was strange.

Charles De Lint writes urban fantasy... I'd say try The Blue Girl. It's and urban fantasy with ghosts and fairies, the main character is a teenage girl that just moved to the city that he usually write short stories about but this one is a novel.

I'm mostly into fantasy ^^.

I also like hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, the trilogy of four (I don't like the fifth one) but I'm told that it's that most people find it too British. It's comedy science fiction.

Source(s): My bookshelf.

A reasonable few- I can not throw them away. As many as I can learn. I love books- I could love to have ample to fill a kind of partitions made from simply books. I do not quite purchase pricey books- I mainly get them moment hand from Ebay or charity retail outlets. My favorite e-book is Howls Moving Castle- it's witty, I adore the characters and on the grounds that it's so acquainted to me now- it's comforting so I learn it whilst I am unwell or feeling down. I understand its sort of a child e-book however I suppose its beautiful. Boudica - Dreaming the Serpent by way of Manda Scott. I have learn the opposite 3 and that is the final one. I love this sequence and I can not wait to get a replica. Fantasy- I similar to to break out from this global for a even as and disregard approximately the unhealthy or even the well of this lifestyles adn recall what it could be like someplace else. If I desired to be taught approximately the truth of this global or lifestyles then I would simply watch the scoop.

The Shack - starting to read it its about this guy who loses everything and finds a shack out in the middle of nowhere with two interesting characters that live there

Catcher in the Rye - A teen named Holden Caulfield is fed up with all the people he lives around so he decides to spend 3 days by himself in new york city.

1984 - Dystopian novel. A guy named Winston works for the government run ministry of truth where he takes news and makes it presentable for the public. He starts to have anti governmental feelings and changes his mindset, which puts him in a deadly place.

Ender's Game - A kid that grows up in a military base who grows to be someone powerful.This book had a lot of symbolism that you dont get until the end.

Source(s): past books ive read

Maximum Ride is one of the best series i have ever read. James Patterson, one of the best authors out there, wrote this book. Its about some kids who have had bird DNA geneticly grafted into their human DNA, giving them the ability to fly. The kids escaped from a horible facility called the school where crazed scientists preform mix and match experiments on DNA grafting. The only problem is that they are being chased by people who have had wolf DNA grafted into them. These people work for the scientists who dont want this secret to go public. The main character, Max, has whit that makes me crack up. Also in the series a little romance is thrown in between two characters. One of my all time favorite books! (And they're making a movie!!!!)

for 15 hours your gonna want a book series. you should try those books that are written in IM form. they sound stupid but the minute you read the first page.. your hooked and you cant put it down. there are 3 books.. TTYL, TTFN, and L8R G8R they are wicked good. and they are also about teenage girls going through what teenage girls do. from moving,to boy troubles..to saying no to drugs and dealing with parents and periods. these books will leave you amazed.

another series are the..eleven,twelve,thirteen,fourteen,and fifteen books. they are about a girl.. that in the book eleven, is eleven yrs old and in the book twelve, is 12 yrs old. i think they go up to 15 and they go through everything that a teenage girl goes through at these ages, boys,periods,makeup,bras,friend troubles,sex vacation. it wont let you put the books down!! i hope i helped. even if you dont read these on the plane, you should read them sometime. especially if you are a teenager you will love them!

Dantes Inferno

Stephen King. IT

Pinochio

Billy Goats Gruff

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - it's classic! It follows the twisted romance between Cathy and Heathcliff; it is a bit dark, but wonderfully written.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon - it's written in the first person by an autistic boy named Christopher. It chronicles his discoveries and emotion progression. It's beautiful.

Well, those are two of my favorites!

Source(s): I READ!

-Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras

-A Great and Terrible Beauty

-Eragon (if you like things like Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter,etc.)

-The Kite Runner

-A Thousand Splendid suns (sad and mature book)

-Water For Elephants

-The Giver

-Chicken soup for the teenage soul

My favourite is Kite Runner. Just look on Chapters.com and search some of these books. They are all rated very well :) Hope I helped!

• ?

I'm a teenager and I love all of these books:

^His Dark Materials (Northern Lights (aka The Golden Compass), The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass) - Philip Pullman

^*The Butterfly Tattoo - Philip Pullman

>*Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

^*Cathy's Book, Cathy's Key - Sean Stewart, Jordan Weisman

^*The Declaration, The Resistance - Gemma Malley

^*Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac - Gabrielle Zevin

^Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin

^The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne

^I, Coriander - Sally Gardner

^*The Noughts and Crosses Series (Noughts and Crosses, Knife Edge, Checkmate, Double Cross) - Malorie Blackman

^The Stuff of Nightmares - Malorie Blackman

^Ruby Red - Linzi Glass

+Life of Pi - Yann Martel

+The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger

+*Class - Jane Beaton

*Romance

>Classic

^Teenage/Young Adult

+Young Adult/Adult

Hope this helps! :)

p.s. For reviews and information about most of these books you can search for them here: http://www.amazon.com/

The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker

This book is so sweet and funny. It will make you laugh and has GREAT descriptions and is wonderful to read. Better than Twilight in my opinion.

Or At the Sign of the Sugared Plum

I can't remember who wrote it, but it is delightful.