Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Help me with this Batch File?

I want to make a batch file that will open my gmail account by clicking the icon the desktop. I know how to make a file that would take me to the gmail sign in, but how could I have it sign in for me every time I click the icon.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • caiman
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Have it open a link like this:

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth?c...

BUT, change LOGIN to your username and PASSWORD to your password.

Obviously not a secure method, as anyone can see your password... but it goes away after the page loads. But people could still get it out of your batch file.

A very simple solution if you are the only one using your computer.

EDIT:

Due to the Y!A 'feature' of truncating the URL, you can't really see it. So, just copy the link and paste it somewhere for you to see the whole thing. (copy link location, copy link address, etc)

Let me know if you have issues writing the actual batch file.

• 1 decade ago

You can sign in manually the first time, then use the "Remember me on this computer." feature in GMail. Other than that, you will be getting into some other scripting stuff that would require more advanced techniques (such as writing your own code to programatically sign you in, but this has a higher security risk )

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Ratchetr is physically powerful: echo hi > try.txt "hi" is the content of the report "try.txt" is the region of the report use a single > to create your report or 2 >> to characteristic contents on your report echo international >> try.txt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.