Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

i have my ex-husbands last name and im fixing to have a baby how to i get the babys name to be my maiden name?

ive been divorced for 5 yrs and i have been dating another guy and he is the one who is the father of the baby but he dont want to help so how do i make my baby's name be my maiden name ? do i need to change mine back to my maiden name or what?

Favorite Answer

When I divorced 32yrs ago I included having my maiden name returned to me, even tho I had four children. All you have to do is petition the court to have your name changed back to your maiden. Also, just put your maiden name on the birth certificate. And the boyfriend still has to pay you child support rather he wants to be a part of the childs life or not. Most men don't mind making babies but they sure don't want to pay for them. Don't let him ignor his responsibility. Good luck to you.

1. Because why not? What else would I do? It's a super awesome elite fun fun fun extreme survey. 2. It's where the earth and the sky meet for the visible eye or something (not sure the exact scientific explanation, but something like that). I can't tell at the moment because it's dark. 3. a duck 4. 10 5. I did 6. A ninja star? Of course. 7. Did you ever think it looks like it's leaning a little? 8. This is the best survey I've taken. 9. An egg on toast with cheese and wasabi mayonnaise. Maybe some sausage too. 10. I'm glad it doesn't come around too often. 11. Yeah, glad to be done with that. However, I feel that way about work... 12. How does it feel to be the author of the super awesome elite fun fun fun extreme survey? Can we expect another sometime soon?

You don't have to change your name. When you fill out the birth certificate just use your maiden name for the babies last name. It would be the same scenario if you were giving them your bfs last name.

Ps... from experience, if he doesn't want to be in the childs life now.. he isn't going to be ever unless you file for child support and they grant him visitation. I wouldn't list him as the father on the bc... that way if he changed his mind, he has no rights to the baby until he took it to court.

Sorry for the poor circumstances, but women are strong. Good luck lady!

• MNH

you can write whatever name you want on the papers, you could make up a whole new name if you wanted but just be sure of what you want because once you submit the papers its very hard to change it back. also i would reccomend changing your name back as well, i think its best when the child and mom have the same last name, it helps avoid confusion at school and doctors offices. changing your name is also pretty simple, all you ahve to do is fill out a form at your local social security office and show them proof of the divorce and they will change it back and send you a new social security card.

• KAK

First of all, you should have contacted a lawyer to change your LAST NAME TO YOUR MAIDEN NAME. Do it asap! I can't understand why you didn't change your name back LONG TIME AGO! Walking around with your "ex's" last name - EW!

Name your child your maiden name.

• dasher

you can put any name on the birth certificate, but I would also change your name to your maiden name.

If your bf doesnt want to help physically, make sure he helps financially. It is very expensive raising children.

If you think you wont need the $, you are wrong.

And $ has nothing to do with visitation. ( some get that confused )

You will need the $ for medical expenses , daycare, clothes, you name it !

• You can put what ever you want. My sister in Law put her ex husabnd abd I thought thatwas ugly but She didnt want to use her maden name (my last name) because that wasnt her name any more. I'd say change your last name back and give that to the baby. Its really ugly when you have kids w/ your ex. They got his name. You got his name. You have kids with anther guy and they got his name. Then everyone has all these different names and you gota explain that to people.

Source(s): My one siblings wacky last names ;-P

Nope, just put your maiden name on the birth certificate(:

Change your name back. It isn't hard. Go to the Social Security Administation office in your local area and you fill out a form.

You just keep yrs and name him/her after yr original family name, but i think in some places around the world u cant, where do u live???