Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionSoap Operas · 1 decade ago

where is steve perry these days?

where is steve perry these days?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am assuming you mean Steve Perry from Journey? (this is posted in the soap opera section!)

He is working on a new album and has done some solo tours. He is such a wonderful vocalist! You should check out youtube.com to see him singing some of the old Journey stuff on his own.

The 'Sessions' section in Mix Magazine's January 2009 issue quotes session musician Russ Miller as stating "Right now I'm working on Steve Perry's album."

More info on him - I didn't know he had done any work with Hurricane Katrina.

Stephen Ray "Steve Perry" Pereira' (born January 22, 1949) is an American singer and songwriter best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Journey from 1978-1987 and 1995-1998. For the 14 years Perry was the lead vocalist of Journey, he helped them to sell nearly 80 million albums worldwide. Perry had a successful, but short lived solo career throughout the late eighties and early nineties. He released Street Talk in 1984 which went to #12 on the charts and went 2x Platinum. Then in 1994, he released For the Love of Strange Medicine, which went to #15 on the charts and went Gold. Perry was named the 76th greatest singer of all-time by Rolling Stone Magazine on its list of "The 100 Greatest Singers of All-Time." Later that year Perry would receive a coveted ranking of #23 on the Dave Hart Canadian Lawn Side awards. He was given the Peacock of Wisdom award for his efforts over seas and involving Hurricane Katrina.

• 6 years ago

Saw him at the Giants NCLS games last week. Looked great.

• He is doing great.

• 5 years ago

please put some music out theres just so much crap on the radio now..no substance,ever any talk of a

journey reunion???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.