Do you live in Illinois? How do you feel about the proposed tax increase?

Recently, the appointed Gov. Quinn proposed a state income tax hike of 50%. This is a man that was NOT elected Governor, and has made comments that he isn’t really interested in holding the office. There are plenty of elected officials that this has to get past that did get elected and are most likely still want... show more Recently, the appointed Gov. Quinn proposed a state income tax hike of 50%. This is a man that was NOT elected Governor, and has made comments that he isn’t really interested in holding the office.
There are plenty of elected officials that this has to get past that did get elected and are most likely still want their jobs. These are the people to put the pressure on. Even the ones that are not directly involved, and may not have a vote for or against. They are people. They know other people, and the can be annoyed and pressured to annoying and pressuring other people. Politics is a dirty game, and politicians must be played with no rules. It is my goal to reach as many people as possible, to fax, e-mail, write letters, make phone calls, and generally let every person with political power in the State that supporting this tax hike, or for that matter, not strongly opposing it, will cost them elections, donations, and support.
Our government is meant to be For the People, By the People. The People should have the power to influence the Government, and it is high time that we let them know that we do have the ultimate power, and can knock them down from power. Much like the American people let Congress know exactly how we felt about giving Illegal Immigrants amnesty, forcing them to vote the measure down, we can do the same here in Illinois. There are only so many faxes that an office can handle. Only so many phone calls that interns and admins can take. E-mails, while easily ignored, do send a powerful message when sent in force, and enough people sending them over and over can slow down other processes. Letters are physical presences that demand attention, even if never replied to.
Let’s do this People. We Are The People. We have the power, strength, and the force of will to stop this, and get our state back on track. Lets stop allowing the Government of the State of Illinois to make us a laughing stock.
Let’s attack on all fronts. E-mails, faxes and phone calls can be easily sent to everyone that holds an office, from Quinn’s office on down. They can’t all ignore all of us. Let’s stop them from taking more of our hard earned money for useless and corrupt programs. Our many voices will cry far louder than any individual. Please, let’s do this together.

Please e-mail me to join in stopping this obscene tax increase. Write me at rayb1214@gmail.com, and I will create a list of people to contact. I will supply names and contact info for every elected official that I can, send links to sites to contact them, and share my letters, as well as any replies. I also ask that you forward this to friends and family (but don’t spam any strangers), and ask them to do the same. The more voices crying to stop this, the more power we have.
Please, let’s all join together, stop this from happening. We can stop this, or strip the power from anyone that allows it to happen. We can shake Springfield to the foundations, and make the necessary changes!