Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

LDs Church Members With Inactive,Excommunciated and Resigned LDS Church Members family?

Do you know any of the LDS church members that have inactive,excommunciated and resigned church members?

Best Answer

I'm one of the inactive, excommunicated, or resigned.

Given the proven frauds of Joseph Smith, the total evidence showing the BOM to be made up, and all the other problems...most people who actually examine the issues about the church eventually leave.

Why, got a question for someone who's left? Send me an e-mail, I'd be happy to answer.

Peace

Yes. Who doesn't? Almost everyone who is LDS (especially raised LDS) has a family member who is inactive. The other two are a little more rare, but it's still pretty common.

Myself, my parents, and my sisters all use to be inactive. We have all returned to full fellowship. All of us have married and been sealed in the Temple, and so far all of our children have also been faithful. I don't personally know anyone who has resigned. I know a couple of people who have been excommunicated for serious sexual sin, and several others who are inactive. It fills me with sorrow that some people just don't get it. It is like they are born blind. Their hearts are too much set upon the things of this world, as mine was once.

Yes, of course. I have inactive and excommunicated family members. I don't personally know anyone that has officially resigned, nor anyone in my personal circle of family and friends that has become adversarial to the Church vocally. My father (no longer living) was pretty angry about the Church, but he kept it to himself (excommunicated for adultery). Some of my brothers and sister have just kind of dropped out, but they still carry a basic belief I think. My one brother is "coming back" bit by bit.

• Sluggo

The LDS church claims 13 million members, about half in the US.

Every recent objective large survey finds that 3.5 to 4 million self identify in the US as Mormon. That's a lot of missing bodies in the pews on Sunday.

Yes i do know members that have left the church. I still love them and treat them like i do everyone else in the family.

I suppose I would call myself a "resigned church member". I'm the only one in my family.

My father is inactive. But I know he still believes in the LDS teachings, he talks of them quite freaquently. I think he just has some feelings of self depriciation and a lack of self worth at times and unworthiness.

He's a good man though and I love him. I feel bad about whatever issues he has rolling around in his head. I hope God helps him overcome it someday.

Edit: I forgot to add that I was inactive once. I got bogged down in school and it made me inactive. But I 've returned to active status.

Source(s): LDS

Among my family, only my father (now deceased) and I are active in the Church. My mother and sisters were never active, although they had been baptized. I do, however, have a grand-niece that is active.

Source(s): LDS
  • Know one? I am one. My daughter, who was raised LDS, is not active in the Church and does not believe in the restored gospel. Although, thankfully, with maturity she has found that the principles taught are ones worth following. :)