Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Do you have any cute little stories?

I need a cute little story to tell my BF...:]

so go ahead.... xD

thanks guyys...

-CINDY

Best Answer

this story isn't all that cute, but it's pretty cool

The Fish

In one of the volumes of the Lettres edifiantes et curieuses that appeared in Paris during the first half of the eighteenth century, Father Fontecchio of the Society of Jesus planned a study of the superstitions and misinformation of the common people of Canton; in the preliminary outline he noted that the Fish was a shifting and shining creature that nobody had ever caught but that many said they had glimpsed in the depths of mirrors.

Father Fontecchio died in 1736, and the work begun by his pen remained unfinished; some years later Herbert Allen Giles took up the interrupted task.

According to Giles, belief in the Fish is part of a larger myth that goes back to the legendary times of the Yellow Emperor. In those days the world of mirrors and the world of men were not, as they are now, cut off from each other. They were, besides, quite different; neither beings nor colors nor shapes were the same. Both kingdoms, the specular and the human, lived in harmony; you could come and go through mirrors.

One night the mirror people invaded the earth. Their power was great, but at the end of bloody warfare the magic arts of the Yellow Emperor prevailed. He repulsed the invaders, imprisoned them in their mirrors, and forced on them the task of repeating, as though in a kind of dream, all the actions of men. He stripped them of their power and of their forms and reduced them to mere slavish reflections.

Nonetheless, a day will come when the magic spell will be shaken off. The first to awaken will be the Fish. Deep in the mirror we will perceive a very faint line and the color of this line will be like no other color. Later on, other shapes will begin to stir. Little by little they will differ from us; little by little they will not imitate us. They will break through the barriers of glass or metal and this time will not be defeated. Side by side with these mirror creatures, the creatures of water will join the battle. In Yunnan they do not speak of the Fish but of the Tiger of the Mirror. Others believe that in advance of the invasion we will hear from the depths of mirrors the clatter of weapons.

You can not see magnetic fields both, however you already know they're there while a pin will get picked up via one. We marvel usually in which the vigor of God real lies. It is within the hearts of guys who do God's will, that's the manifestation of His vigor. Armageddon is upon us, and the primary horse of the Apocalypse, Famine, is galloping toward us. Let us now not lose Hope as those horrible instances spread. Let individuals who do God's will aid the entire humans because the meals runs out.

This is by a girl...but it made my day. :)

So I was walking into school...far away from approaching the entrance, and I saw a nice guy holding the door FOR ME even though I was far away. He waited until I was inside, then gently closed the door behind us. It was very sweet. On another occasion, the same guy saw me in the hallway, said "hi", and as he was walking away he said, "I hope you have a good day today." I don't even know him! :)