Marriage and Unemployment, what do you do?

My friend and I have been talking about her problem which is her marriage/no job. She was laidoff in 2007 and it was hard for her. Her husband was working for his brother and then had to leave because of a personal situation. My friend went back to school got her AA degree in 2008. She is still been looking for a... show more My friend and I have been talking about her problem which is her marriage/no job. She was laidoff in 2007 and it was hard for her. Her husband was working for his brother and then had to leave because of a personal situation. My friend went back to school got her AA degree in 2008. She is still been looking for a job as well as her husband. She tells me it is putting some strain on their marriage. She wants to know what should she do. Her husband is trying to adjust too but is becoming depressing. I do not know what to tell her but give her some leads on jobs for both her and her husband. Any ideas, what to help her with?

They are a nice couple.
Update: She has applied to grocery stores, hotels(maids), credit unions, banks, nonprofit organizations, marketing firms, front desk agent at apt complexes, concierge and data entry work. She is so tired/her husband is too. He has applied to grocery stores, restaurants and small stores as a cook.
Update 2: I understand the marriage counseling however these days that is consider costly. Oh, because I am not doing my job as her friend?