How much does a driver earn monthly?

My parents are ageing. Even though my father can still drive, I'd like them to have a driver especially when they go out at night.

Do you know how much a good driver would expect monthly?

Favorite Answer

The rate will vary depending on which area. generally, salaries outside of Metro Manila are lower. As one answer has it, as low as P4,000 per month.

In Metro Manila, the rate again varies depending on the neighborhood where employer lives. In the exclusive villages like Dasma and Forbes, private drivers get paid a low P15,000 a month, with free board and lodging. A friend of mine pays his driver P60,000 a month, having been his driver for the past 25 years, and therefore has received annual adjustments.

In regular neighborhoods in Metro Manila, I hear of drivers getting as low as P6,000 a month, plus board and lodging (stay-in). Budgetting P10,000 per month will most likely get you a driver. The better ones can be pirated but pay will be even higher.

Some drivers get paid on a daily basis, as low as P300 per day. But I would advise you to get your parents a regular driver because the daily wage earners will leave you as soon as they get hired by others on a regular basis.

Don't look for drivers from agencies. Better to get referrals from relatives or friends. Trust is my primary concern when hiring household help.

Our neighbor's driver receives Php300 daily. He's not a stay-in driver though and he gets the weekend off. Aside from that, he may opt not to work on certain days so his monthly pay depends on the number of days he actually goes to work.

my relative's driver gets P8,500 a month,has a day off during sundays,and is only up to 6-7pm everyday (not stay-in driver).he also gets additional P2,000 a month for his food expenses,and extra/additional P100-200 per day ifever he exceeds 8pm. =)

Varies throughout the country but £8 to £8.50 per hour is typical and less the further north you go.

• mared

agree with sunner specially if the driver will be driving for your parents daily and on short trips only, but if he just drives for them occasionally 500.00 is the fee.

15 thousand a month

around 500 a day,more if you drive outside metro manila .

P4,000 to P5,000 per month plus room and board.

Source(s): Living in the Philippines since 2002 and have a driver and bandera.

£1000 a month

Php 15K/month stay-in.