Does anyone know if soprano ukulele chords are the same as the tenor chords?

I just bought a new soprano ukulele and i've been looking up chord charts and watching tutorial videos. It seems to me that all the videos I watch are taught on a tenor ukulele.

• Stan
    Favorite Answer

The chord shapes are the same, but as another said..sopranos are tuned GCEA, and Tenors are usually tuned with a lower G string, so you won't have that classic uke sound with the higher pitched 4th string.

From smallest to largest uikes...

Sopranos...GCEA

Concert.....GCEA

Tenors.....G (lowered an octave) CEA

Baritones....DGBE...exactly like the first 4 strings of a guitar

• couty

Soprano Ukulele Chords

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): soprano ukulele chords tenor chords: https://biturl.im/oSrFz
  • gamiel

All Ukulele Chords

Yes, whether you play a soprano, concert, or tenor ukulele, the chords are all the same. The only thing that's different is the size of the instrument (and perhaps the sound).

Source(s): Ukulele player
  • ?

Learn Ukulele In 30 Days!

Yes that is correct. The only ukulele that do not have the same chords are the baritone ukulele.

The baritone ukulele has the same strings as the four highest on the guitar.

The tuning is what matters, not the size of the uke. If your soprano is tuned GCEA and the instructional material is also tuned GCEA, then you are in business.