Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anyone know if soprano ukulele chords are the same as the tenor chords?

I just bought a new soprano ukulele and i've been looking up chord charts and watching tutorial videos. It seems to me that all the videos I watch are taught on a tenor ukulele.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Stan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The chord shapes are the same, but as another said..sopranos are tuned GCEA, and Tenors are usually tuned with a lower G string, so you won't have that classic uke sound with the higher pitched 4th string.

From smallest to largest uikes...

Sopranos...GCEA

Concert.....GCEA

Tenors.....G (lowered an octave) CEA

Baritones....DGBE...exactly like the first 4 strings of a guitar

• couty
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Soprano Ukulele Chords

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does anyone know if soprano ukulele chords are the same as the tenor chords?

I just bought a new soprano ukulele and i've been looking up chord charts and watching tutorial videos. It seems to me that all the videos I watch are taught on a tenor ukulele.

Source(s): soprano ukulele chords tenor chords: https://biturl.im/oSrFz
  • gamiel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

All Ukulele Chords

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, whether you play a soprano, concert, or tenor ukulele, the chords are all the same. The only thing that's different is the size of the instrument (and perhaps the sound).

Source(s): Ukulele player
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Learn Ukulele In 30 Days!

• 1 decade ago

Yes that is correct. The only ukulele that do not have the same chords are the baritone ukulele.

The baritone ukulele has the same strings as the four highest on the guitar.

• 1 decade ago

The tuning is what matters, not the size of the uke. If your soprano is tuned GCEA and the instructional material is also tuned GCEA, then you are in business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.