Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHonolulu · 1 decade ago

Disk golf courses in Maui?

Can anyone tell me how many disk golf courses there are in Maui? . . and the locations, please. thanks

Favorite Answer

There's a disk golf course in Kapalua, about 10 miles north of Lahaina on the west side of the island. Take the Honoapiilani Highway north out of Lahaina. About a mile or two past Kahana, you'll see a road to the left called Office Road with signs pointing left to Kapalua. About a quarter mile on the right, you'll see a building called the Kapalua Adventure center. Take the next right to get to the parking lot. Go in there and ask them about the disk golf course.

Kapalua took one of the golf courses up on the hill to the east and let it overgrow a couple years ago. They now have hiking trails along the old cart paths and there still is a disk golf course there. My wife and I were in Maui (staying in Kahana) in February and the activities people recommended going hiking on the new trails in Kapalua.

When we went on the golf course loop, I noticed a number of disk golf holes (baskets) and tees throughout the course. And, I did notice they sold sets of drivers and putters at the adventure center. It looks like a very challenging course. A lot of the course is very steep and there's lots of overgrown vegetation all around. Not to mention a good breeze coming in from the north.

Source(s): FYI - I looked up a Hawaii disk golf newsletter and the guy said that the only disk golf course on Maui is the Kapalua course (as of February 2008).
  • Rachel

There is not a bad course anywhere on Maui. Your hotel or condo may have and arrangement for privileges at one of the semi private courses. Go on Google and type in Maui Golf.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Disk golf courses in Maui?

Source(s): disk golf courses maui: https://bitly.im/ZeaJc