Muslims, if an angel comes and tells you that the Qu'ran is wrong...?

Would you believe the angel, why or why not?

es ay ar ay. Not at all the true Gabriel is an angel of God not doubt.

I find this very interesting. Didn't Muhammad have to make this same decision?

es ay ar ay. Please read the Bible. Gabriel is not a fallen angel. You may be confused because many Chrisitans believe the spirit that spoke ot Muhamamd who you call Gabriel is a fallen angel. Seems you guys believe the same as we do that an angel that disagrees with the word of God is a demon.

zahid, interesting theory considering Muhammad did not have the Qu'ran when he met this spirit.

بسم رب الحسین ░░░░░ K░░P

Wonder why Muhammad did not do the same?

بسم رب الحسین ░░░░░ K░░P

If he did nto have teh Qu'ran..and tis supposed angel disagreed with the available word of God..How did he know? According to your answer heshould have called the angel satan for disagreeing with the scriptures.

بسم رب الحسین ░░░░░ K░░P

So you are syaing if the spirit calls himself Jibril you would reject the Qu'ran?

Salman, I am familiar with this story..Is your point that if an angel does a miracle in the name of Allah then he is indeed from Allah and can be trusted?

If this is true then If this supposed angel does the same and disagrees with the Qu'ran..then will you believe the angel over the Qu'ran?

²§ţŕÖŋģ° Thanks for the prayers.

I'm not too interested in Michael H. Hart's oppinon on who is influential but I do find in interesting that he has Muhammad more influential than Christ when all of Muhammad's followers claim to believe in Jesus plus 2.6 billion Christians who do not beleive in Muhammad.

mohammedali basheer, Shouldn't Muhamamd then have done the same..

He spoke with a supposed angel who disagreed with the word of God..If you would not believe an angel that disagrees with your written word you believe is from God..should not Muhammad have done the same?

Salman, My point..how does an angel disagree with the scriptures that was available to Muhammad?

You are saying if an angel came to you disagreeing wiht your written word fo God the angel is Satan..

This is EXA|CTLY what happened to Muhammad and he chose to believe the angel...correct?

Natassia, :) I don;t think they are getting the double standard..It's okay that Muhamad chose to believe an angel over the word of God available to him..but these Muslims would not dare do that..hmm..They choose to follow the book that is from a man who did exactly what they will not do..ignore the book in favor of the angel..each one are saying if this happened to them they would consider this angel Satan...

and yet the choose to follow the man who followed the angel...but they would not follow the angel over the book..?!!?!?

بسم رب الحسین ░░░░░ K░░P

How did Muhammad know this was the angel Gabriel?

This is my point..whatever you choose to call this being it disagreed wiht the word fo God avvaialable to Muhamad and yet he believed this being over scripture..my point is you would not..so why are youf ollowing these teachings when you claim that you would choose scripture over angel? Muhammad did not he followed the angel over the scriptures.

Salman, My point is not to say Muhammad was a fake..Muhammad could have genuinely believed this spirit and been wrong couldn't he?

My question is would you beleive an angel over the word of God and your answer is no..

Salman, is your point that because the Qu'ran says angels can not lie then Muhammad should believe a being that claims to be an angel even before the Qu'ran existed he should have known this revelation from the Qu'ran????

If this is true that any being claiming to be an angel must be an angel and must be from God then you would have to believe any spirit that comes to you claiming to be an angel and disagreeing with your Qu'ran you should indeed reject the Qu'ran.

Sorry Salman, the last comment was meant for mohammedali basheer

A friendtoislam, How would Muhammad know of the teachings of Islam before he received them from Allah?

The book that is Allah's word according to this Qu'ran is the Gospel and Torah.

If an angel comes and disagrees with Allah's word..Do you think it good that Allah should disagree with the word of Allah in favor of the teachings of a spirit he first identified as a demon?

Muhamamd could not base his ideas of whether this spirit was good or bad on the Qu'ran..the Qu'ran did not exist.

oops Do you think it good that MUHAMMAD should disagree with the word of Allah in favor of the teachings of a spirit he first identified as a demon?

Favorite Answer

Anybody who comes and tells us that the Qu'ran

is wrong is not ANGEL but SATAN because Allah (SWT) revealed Qur'an to Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) through angel Gabrael (Jibril). Allah (SWT) warns us to guard against satan. He has been given respite till Last Day by Allah (SWT) and he will come to us from our front, from rear and from right and left sides (i.e., from all sides).

Your question is "How did Muhammad know this was the angel Gabriel?". Not only Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) knew that he was angel Gabrael, all Prophets including Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them) knew that he was Gabrael, the angel sent by Allah. Otherwise

what is the authenticity of the scripture revealed to David, Moses and Jesus?

Your words, "You may be confused because many Chrisitans believe the spirit that spoke ot Muhamamd who you call Gabriel is a fallen angel.". Such belief of some Christians

is wrong because Gabrael who spoke to Muhammed (peace be upon him) is the same angel who spoke to Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them). Muslims do not differentiate between the scriptures such as Zaboor revealed to Hazrath Dawood (David), Torah (Tourath) revealed to Moses and Injeel (actual Bible--not the one held by Christians as God's Scripture) to Jesus (Isa) and Qur'an reveal to Mohammed (peace be upon them). Muslim pray the words, "peace be upon him/them" for all Prophets sent by Allah.

Your words, "He spoke with a supposed angel who disagreed with the word of God..If you would not believe an angel that disagrees with your written word you believe is from God..should not Muhammad have done the same?" shows how ignorant you are about Islam and Qur'an" . The angels are such a creation of Allah that that they cannot disobey Allah. Luke says: "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news." Luke 1:19. So it means that Gabriel is not a fallen angel because he was sent by God Himself to talk to Mary. The words of Fajr "would you believe the angel if he told you that Jesus is not God and Muahamed is not a false prophet ?" is most appropriate.

No angel will tell that the religious scriptures Torah, Injeel or Qur'an are wrong. But, the bible was written several years after the death of Jesus Christ. This is not the case with Qur'an. Qur'an was written on leather, bones etc. as soon as the verses were revealed.

An angel would never refute the Quran because the Angels know better than any creature that the Quran comes from Allah the Lord of the worlds and they (the angels) have no free will. What ever Allah commands they simply say "We hear and we obey" an organic robot if you will. Only mankind and Jinn (demons) have been given free will to choose right from wrong. So any creature approaching you claiming to be an angel and tells you that the likes of the Quran or Hadith is wrong that was the Shaiytaan from among the Jinn (satan) seeking to lead you astray.

So stop waisting the time of the Muslims and your own with pointless questions designed to create doubt in the minds of the people concerning the authentcity of the Quran, all you do is hightlight the desease of hypocrisy (Nifak) in your own heart A OOTHOOBILALLAHI MIN NASH SHAIYTAANIR RAJIM WA MIN EIN (I seek refuge with Allah from Satan the outcast and you).

• CrG

Based on personal experience, God wants all of us to be prayer oriented. This is implied in the Decalogue. Therefore, since He is talking to us constantly, He wants us to listen, not close Him out with ipods, radio, and TV. He also wants us to ask questions when we have doubts about anything.

If an angel or spirit or God Himself told me that a heart felt belief was wrong, I would certainly ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. I do pray for discernment. I do strive to pray constantly. Admittedly, there are distraction such as Civ2 and answering questions on Yahoo Answers. Preferred categories are "Society and Culture", and "Business and Finance".

The religion of Islam which was started from the time of prophet Adam (as), and later on processed and passed thru various prophets and messengers such as Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (as) has been perfected and completed by the time of the last messenger Mohammad (saw).

Prophet Mohammad himself and The Quran stated that he is the last messenger.

So, no one will come to say Islam and The Quran is wrong.

Prophet Jesus shall come down before the end of time. He will be the follower of Islam in the finalized version as given to Mohammad (saw).

Angels do not lie, and since the Koran is infallible, NEVER would an angel come and say the Koran is wrong. Probably the angel may come and warn us against some errors in understanding some verses in the Koran.

BTW, Muhammad (PBUH) never contradicted GOD's word. It was the Jews and the followers of Paul who did so.

Source(s): djmantx, it's called "Qur'an" and not "Qu'ran". Please correct yourself, may GOD correct your beliefs and lead you to Sunni Islam, Amen!

If angel Gabriel come down & say the Quran is wrong, then he would have to give more explanations and until I satisfied that the angel is sent by God, I would believe it.

Yes sure . Would you believe the angel if he told you that Jesus is not God and Muhamed is a true prophet ?

Edit

You say " Absolutely not " . I really have no comment on that except saying this verse

"He stubbornly refused to accept these proofs

I will increasingly punish him." ( 74:16-17)

"Throw into Gehenna every stubborn disbeliever." ( 50:24)

I wonder... why a person with your intelligence would bother to think this deep about Islam, search for truth and false in Islam, Muslims, and The Prophet Muhammad(saw) but

can't be bothered to investigate their own religion if they are that staunch and pious towards their religion?

Why? Is it because Islam is an interesting religion or perhaps there may be some truth in it?

It's obvious that you already know the answers to your question. No pious scholars from any religious group will give your this answer-

"If any angels come to me and say my book is false, i will burn my holy books that very moment."

Find something worthy then this for us to answer you. This is child's play question.

Peace};)

Bro ! salman has given you detail Ans,

your sentence(in your question) is technically wrong.

"Muslims, if an angel comes and tells you that the Qu'ran is wrong...?"

lets do the post martum of your sentence

If i make it easy to understand

Muslims, if an angel (free from mistake)comes and tells you that Quraan is wrong...?

If he is an angel he can not say that, and if he says that then not an angel.

So your question is totally wastage of time,Islam doesnt like too much questioning,its probably is for your kind of people.

Kafir, an angel will never come and tell us that the Quran al kareem is wrong. Prolly a Jinn would do dat but not an angel ..