Virginia High Schools Close By?

Are there Virginia High Schools that are easy to get to from Washington D.C. by public transportation? I really don't want to attend D.C. schools anymore and I want to go somewhere else.BTW, Are there good High Schools in Arlington,VA? Since I'm skipping I would like to go to a good school that suits me =].

• DON W
    Favorite Answer

There are three excellent high schools in Arlington: Yorktown, Washington-Lee and Wakefield. Unfortunately as a DC resident you are not eligible to attend them--they are for teens who live in Arlington only. You'll find that the rule pretty much everywhere--you have to live in the same Virginia county as the school system. And they do verify addresses, so you can't just make up one.

If you're Catholic there are some good Roman Catholic high schools in Alexandria and Arlington that I believe are open to DC residents, but you'll have to pay tuition, much as if you went to a private school.

Sorry....

• DrIG

Be careful. Public schools which are not in your area will not want to accept you unless you pay tuition./