What is the Tangent Universe? (Donnie Darko question)?

I've seen the I've seen the movie Donnie Darko 4 1/2 times and I think I am finally understanding things. Everything he imainged, hilusinated about, all that jazz, was his schitzophrenia. Everything he saw, noone else could, but it told him to do the things he did for a purpose. He flooded the school so... show more I've seen the I've seen the movie Donnie Darko 4 1/2 times and I think I am finally understanding things. Everything he imainged, hilusinated about, all that jazz, was his schitzophrenia. Everything he saw, noone else could, but it told him to do the things he did for a purpose. He flooded the school so they wouldn't have school and meet Gretchen, he burned down Jim Cunningham's house because the firefigters would find the secret porno room and arrest him, making his mom shaperone the trip to the talent show so his mom would be on the plane and live through the whole "universe collapsing" thing, and also that weird thing that came out of his chest brought him to the gun in his parents closet because he would later use it to shoot the ACTUAL Frank, when he appears at the very end. And also, everything he though of and imagined was about Frank because in the future, Frank was going to be the one who would run over Gretchen. So technically, he was telling the future. Also, when he Frank showed Donnie the bullet wound in his eye, that was showing the future when Donnnie shoots him. (run-on-sentence-palooza)
So, out of all of this, I finally understand most of the mocie. But the one thing is, what is the "Tangent Universe"? I know it is a gigantic part of the movie and Frank told him the the tangent universe was gonna collapse in 28 days 6 hours, 42 minutes & 12 seconds, but I have no idea if he means some paralell universe or ours. Can someone help me? Tis has been annoying me for freakin EVERRRRRR

please? thanks :D
Update: yeah, i no the whole 28 days...thing is a count down till the unicerse collapses, but the onyl reason the engine fell of was cause the plane was sucked into some black-hole type thing and in the process, the engine fell of into his house. But I want to know why Frank said the "Tangent Univers" and not... show more yeah, i no the whole 28 days...thing is a count down till the unicerse collapses, but the onyl reason the engine fell of was cause the plane was sucked into some black-hole type thing and in the process, the engine fell of into his house. But I want to know why Frank said the "Tangent Univers" and not just "the Universe"? I dont know if heresa difference, is it some parelell universe or is it ours?!!??! RAWR! im soo confused!!!!
Update 2: *there's a ^^^^^