Do same Marijuana buds have the same THC Content?

Like OG Kush from somewhere in the states and OG Kush in Canada? Would they have the same THC Content?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Phil
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

no. thc content not only varies from strain to strain, but it also varies in different plants and gardens due to amounts of nutrients in the soil and how well the grower grew it. it depends on how much it was watered, how much sunlight it got, and how direct the sunlight was, how hot the climate, how humid the climate, etc. it should be in the same ballpark, but it wont be the same.

• 1 decade ago

This is a question whose time has come, and I'm glad you asked. Marijuana potency depends mainly on genetics, but also has a great deal to do with the skill of the gardener, as well as the timing of harvest. You will never get the feeling of "muy blastido" from smoking mexicali dirtweed, no matter how many expensive lights, no matter how much expensive fertilizer you use. On the other hand, you can ruin even the highest quality weed very easily by neglecting and/or abusing it during the growing process. What I mean is, over-fertilization, poor ventilation, (outside is best) pest or bacterial infestation, incorrect harvesting, etc. Many growers are not very skilled, and the quality of most commercial pot is a testament to that. So, to answer your question, no two snowflakes are alike, and no two buds are alike, so it is entirely possible that the same strain of kush by two different growers could have a slightly different THC content. Enjoy!

Source(s): cannabis culture magazine high times magazine
  • 1 decade ago

If they are from the same plant that they can have a very close THC%. If they are not from the same plant, good chance that they are not the same %. Differernt strains can make different percentage and so can the envirnment and the way it was grown, seeds and other factors that can effect how much THC is in a bud!

• 1 decade ago

marijuana is 50% genetics and 50% environment thats all i gotta say

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

idk just smoke it and tell us

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.