In a recent interview Janet Napolitano referred to terrorism as 'man-caused' disasters. what's your take?

In a recent interview Janet Napolitano specifically referred to terrorism as 'man-caused' disasters. Shat's your take? Should this immediately disqualify her from being the head of Department of Homeland Security? What should Pres. Obama do?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,6...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Coming from the former governor of Arizona who left her state in worse shape than when she took over it...what do you expect? First, she doesn't seem to recognize that the violence is ALREADY spilled over our borders, second, she is one of those shamnesty people, favoring blanket amnesty. AZ is well known for berating their officers and not allowing them to take illegals in when they are discovered. Their (her) solution? Fine the employers should they hire them, do not harass the illegals in any way (also meaning if they are stopped on routine traffic stops, police are discouraged against taking them in when they cannot prove they are citizens), and they get assistance from the government. After all, they can't get a JOB...because the employer is punished instead. Janet N. is a joke and a danger to this country.

Source(s): MICHAEL J..give credit FULLY where it is due or remain silent. 9/11 plots were well known during Clinton's presidency and not tackled then either. So, nice try, but you are not dumping this in the lap solely on opposition to further your partisan hate. It has been proven that what you are saying is a complete effing SHAM. Feel free to start providing some factual information in your answers, because thus far all you do is play partisan politics and shuffle it to the other side. Tell me..when you are living on Park Bench #29, will you still be searching for Republicans to blame things on? Grip...get one.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Mike S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

While true, it is too vague of a definition. I think that government intentionally makes it this vague so they can call just about anything they want a terrorist attack.

A terrorist attack is an attack by a non-government organization that is done to try and change some political policy.

Guy blows up a bridge to cause chaos and put more stringent laws in order. Terrorism.

disappearance of the rainforest, while I have heard many people call it (in essence) a man-made disaster. not a terrorist attack. yet it falls into the former definition of "man-caused disasters".

• 1 decade ago

I think political correctness if for politicians, and securing the homeland is for the Secretary of Homeland Security.

A terrorist is someone who uses terror. The Nazis were terrorists; the KKK are terrorists; the Weathermen were terrorists. Am I going to get angry letters from Christians or Americans saying that "not all Christians or Americans are like that"?

Call a terrorist a terrorist; or don't call them anything and just bloody fight them already.

Source(s): Not affiliated with any party. http://youngconservative27.blogspot.com/
  • 1 decade ago

haha.. Man-caused sounds like she had a slip of the tongue.. same kind of slip Bush had when he refered to United 93 as being 'shot down' instead of crashing. If someones going to run the United States version of the brown shirts then she should watch her mouth haha.. Now Alexander I have a question for you. Ive been reading your questions and answers on your site and you seem to be very opinionated. However you don't allow anyone to debate anything you say since you block IMs and emails. It's really funny that you sling so much mud and dont allow anyone to say anything back. Kinda rude if you ask me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

...wrap your mind around "this" scary scenario... "Barry" doesn't know the difference from an E-1 & and a W-4 ! ...side by side, "Barry" can't tell the difference between an US Navy Officer from a Coast Guard Officer ! and you expect him to appoint anyone with "half a brain" and "one eye open" to be aware of what terrorism is...?

May God have mercy upon America as this ignorant "kid" runs us into the sewer with his "Train Wreck" Administration !

Source(s): John D "your ad here"... that would be like calling a Drug Dealer a "curb-side" Pharmaceutical salesman.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She was the governor in my state (AZ). She turned a surplus in our state to a deficit, amongst other mistakes. She is an embarassment...

Why was she chosen for this position? She failed to secure our southern border and pandered to illegals.

• 1 decade ago

Could you please explain to us your big problem with someone referring to terrorism as a man-caused disaster?

Follow-up question: Why would this view immediately disqualify someone from being the head of the department of Homeland Security?

• 1 decade ago

Terrorism is man made. You throw stones at someone they throw some back. Check Americas foriegn policy which causes terrorism.Do some investigating.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The destruction of the World Trade Center -- which George W. Bush failed to prevent -- was a disaster caused by men. Secretary Napolitano is right, and President Obama should let her do the job he appointed her to do. So far, he appears to be doing so.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My brother and sister live in arizona they told me she is basically complicit in the illegals swarming arizona...she's a leftist in case you hadn't noticed...card carrying...why do you think obama appointed her?? duh...birds of a feather...

Source(s): a guy who pays attention
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.