How to change table collation in phpMyAdmin?

Hello @ all, please help me, I am a Newbe, I have created an account at my US web host and then I installed Wordpress through Fantastico. Then I have installed and activated the plug-in Language Switcher. I cannot publish posts in Russian or Korean language, they are all displayed as ????. It's because of the... show more Hello @ all, please help me, I am a Newbe, I have created an account at my US web host and then I installed Wordpress through Fantastico. Then I have installed and activated the plug-in Language Switcher. I cannot publish posts in Russian or Korean language, they are all displayed as ????. It's because of the table collation that is set. It currently is set to latin1_swedish_ci. If I login to phpmyadmin of the cpanel account, then look at the wordpress database and specifically the collation of the tables, I see this. Solution shall be this answer: "If select all the tables then do operations you can change this to the character set you need which is probably a UTF 8 one of some kind. " I don't know what exactly I have to do and what I have to change and where. Do I have to change
latin1_swedish_ci
into
utf8_general_ci
if I want to publish Russian and Korean text on my Wordpress website? What exactly do I need to do? Please answer like you do to a complete dumb person with all steps. Thank you so much! I need you guys!
1 answer 1