Walmart Text Threats? Gang initiation planning to shoot 3 women?

A horrible gang initiation threat is being seen all over cell phones. the text message indicated three women will be shot at a local Walmart as part of a gang initiation on Wednesday, March 18, 2009. which is today. I know, I know. its not true. CAN the person who originated this text be prosecuted? is it... show more A horrible gang initiation threat is being seen all over cell phones.
the text message indicated three women will be shot at a local Walmart as part of a gang initiation on Wednesday, March 18, 2009. which is today.

I know, I know. its not true.

CAN the person who originated this text be prosecuted? is it even possible to track that??
Update: got a message saying "dont go to walmart tonight. gang initiation. they are gonna Shoot 3 women at a local walmart." someone is just playing a sick joke!!! if it was true, why are ppl getting the message all over the country?? i live in Arizona. i have a cousin that lives in Boston and she got a similar... show more got a message saying "dont go to walmart tonight. gang initiation. they are gonna Shoot 3 women at a local walmart."
someone is just playing a sick joke!!! if it was true, why are ppl getting the message all over the country?? i live in Arizona. i have a cousin that lives in Boston and she got a similar text message. also they are reportings in Chicago, Austin and mississippi.

Police say its a Urban Legend and not to worry. but as always, be aware of your surroundings