My toilet is clogged! When I plunge it this happens. What is it?

Septic backed up? I dunno,but my toilet was clogged up(still is) and I took a plunger to it. When I went to plunge every time I pushed/plunged down in the toilet ,water was being forced out from my sink and bath tub drain. Also,this will sound NASTY but pieces of you know what,not sure if it was CRAP..lol...but what ever was coming through the drains everytime I plunged was black. Its truley a NASTY situation! Our house is only 4 years old,so not sure if its the septic.

Any answers on this would be GREAT. Im getting a plumber out here this week but would like to know a little bit of whats going on so I dont look that stupid when he comes.

THANKS!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Your drain pipe is clogged. You need to call a plumber (someone with a pipe snake that can unclog the pipe) before this becomes a, err, "crappy" situation :-P

If you rent, call your landlord immediately. They can't charge you for something like this, pipes should never clog up that way, but unfortunately, sometimes, they do anyway.

• 1 decade ago

sound like the drain is clogged you could call a plumber or you can rent a snake and do it yourself if you think your able. there is a washout near the septic tank,that has a threaded cover,just remove the cover and run the snake int the pipe, if you get a sudden flow of $#%@ water through the pipe, the drain should be clear. also you mentioned a septic tank, if it has a sewage pump, and the pump goes bad, the sewage in the tank will build up, and will eventually back up into the house. if it does have a pump, there is a high water alarm,did it go off?the alarm is a grey box that will have a red light on it, is it lit? it also has an audible alarm.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try pushing the plunger down slowly and then pulling out qiuckly. Try pulling the stuck stuff out rather than forcing it in deeper. If you can , then plug the sink and bath tub drains as they will relieve pressuure. Suction works better if you know what I mean.

• 1 decade ago

You mentioned septic... have you noticed anything going on with your septic field? Soggy? odor? Do you put in the microbe stuff each month (I think that's the recommended schedule)?

Hope that plumber comes within the next 24 hours. You don't want a lot of bacteria breeding in your moist areas.

The link below looks like it can walk you through some troubleshooting.

Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try using a stool softner and add some bran to your diet. In the mean time call a plumber,now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The main house drain is plugged. Call Roto-Router.

• 1 decade ago

i say something real nasty is in there so i advise a plumber. tell him to remove the pipes so he can inspect them. also, check pipes in other areas in case that's what is pushing the water up.

• chad w
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

either ur main line is clogged or if u have a septic tank then it could be full

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ehow.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.