So from what I can understand, The devil and god are in competition for human souls,.?

Yet we already know that god is going to win. Also, the devil causes atheists to mock Christians. Why is that? Will a Christian break down and cry and become an atheist? I doubt it. Also, the devil posses Christians sometimes. Again why? They are certainly not going to become atheists after that! From my thinking,... show more Yet we already know that god is going to win. Also, the devil causes atheists to mock Christians. Why is that? Will a Christian break down and cry and become an atheist? I doubt it. Also, the devil posses Christians sometimes. Again why? They are certainly not going to become atheists after that! From my thinking, Christians give the devil too much credit. The guys an idiot and not doing anything to get souls!
Update: Actually, I'm an atheist. And I'm really not that smart. Hence the question. I just keep hearing that the devil makes atheists mock god and I just think that's funny and a pretty lame thing for the devil to do.