So from what I can understand, The devil and god are in competition for human souls,.?

Yet we already know that god is going to win. Also, the devil causes atheists to mock Christians. Why is that? Will a Christian break down and cry and become an atheist? I doubt it. Also, the devil posses Christians sometimes. Again why? They are certainly not going to become atheists after that! From my thinking, Christians give the devil too much credit. The guys an idiot and not doing anything to get souls!

Update:

Actually, I'm an atheist. And I'm really not that smart. Hence the question. I just keep hearing that the devil makes atheists mock god and I just think that's funny and a pretty lame thing for the devil to do.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When the book of parables (The Bible) was written to teach children morals and ethics there needed to be a good guy and a bad guy, someone to cheer on and someone else to fail. Good and evil. God and the devil.

The Devil does not cause the athiests to mock christians, christians cause athiests to mock christians. The devil is tool of the parable to exemplify evil.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the reason why Christians get posses sometimes is to test there faith. The devil says" hey i bet i can get that guy over there to lose all faith in you".(i am just putting this in a simple situation. i dont know what is really going down). then God says" He will not, i will let you do what ever you want to him, but do not kill him". they did that same thing with, i think it was moses or abraham. but God did the same thing. He knows they wont abondon there faith in the Lord. So he let the devil do what he wanted , but not kill them. the devil had nothing at all. Go is going to win so he has to enjoy what he was on earth before he is locked up for 1000 years i think it is.

• 1 decade ago

There is no competition. This is one of those things that somehow sprung out of 19th century (or early) Americana with such stories as The Devil and Daniel Webster (fun story, by the way).

Satan is not a happy camper, having been dumped out of heaven with a third of heaven's hosts with him. He wanted power and glory for himself and when he didn't get it, he figured that he could have it by force.

Now that he's down here, he loves to spread falsehoods, like God is a myth and the Bible is fairy tales and believers are deluded fools. That's only the surface stuff. He's also very subtle and will use flattery to draw people away. He uses whatever he can to fool us into a sense of complacency.

But he can only tempt us. What happens is that we, as humans who are sinners, give in to those temptations. He doesn't cause anyone to do anything--they make those choices themselves.

I have found that a very limited number of people who deny God will mock people of religion. They do it for various reasons, many of which are, given to them by Satan, but it is still their choice in the matter. They can mock or they don't have to. They have their free will.

As to Christians who give in to temptation -- hatred, envy, jealousy -- these are things that many "Christians" exhibit when condemning others. And yes, they have given in to Satan and become his tool, every bit as much as an atheist who mocks religion. And who do these Christians mock? Other religions and other denominations, all the while proclaiming that they have the "authentic" Jesus.

And, like atheists, Satan doesn't force them-- they do it on their own, with him feeding them the misinformation because of the hardness and hatred in their hearts.

And if you believe that he can't capture the souls of those who condemn others to hell, well, he welcomes them with open arms, knowing full well, that such condemnation is reserved for God.

Fun question, by the way, and great material for a revival of the old fashioned kind. LOL

• 4 years ago

I take it from your question that you believe in god. But if you believe in god and wealth is what you want most in life than why not ask your god for wealth. For if you believe in god and the devil than you must know that in all faiths other than satanism God is considered the one to be the all giving. So dont you think it would be easier to pray for wealth rather than sit in a haunted attic hoping to meet the devil.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The devil and God are not in competition. He was a being who became proud and believed he was better than man. God commanded him to submit and bow down to Adam. He became arogant and told God he was better than man. God rebuked him and tossed him out of Paradise. The devil than asked God to spare him and God made him an enemy to man.

Source(s): Holy Qu'ran Chapter 2 verses30-34 and Chapter 7 verses11-18. Chapters are called suras and are represented by an S in the HOLY QU'RAN.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

The word devil is supposed to be an adversary and GOD EQUALS GOOD, well disposed towards one and not the adversary. That is not my concern, Jeaus answered the question way back by saying "Who was his neighbor" in the parable of "The Good Samsaritan". What I do not understand is what the Islam and apparently the Yazidis say/Believe, that is that "The Peacock Angel " was condemned to hell for Pride since he refused, mind you the angel is referred to as an "H", a male, while angels are neigher male or female and that he refused to do God's bidding, although Angels are not supposed to have free will and can therefore not refuse to do anything God told them/tells them to do.

Moreover, Adam, the first "Man" was made of clay, even though God then breathed Life into him and , well yutned him (Adam) into living flesh and blood.

Now Adam was obviously a graven image the likeness of God in heaven above and in the 10 commandments, it is written "Thou shalt not make unto thyself any graven image or the likeness of anything that is Heaven above or in the arth below or in the Waters under the Earth, thou shalt not bow down to them or serve them"

REMEMBER that ADAM was a graven image to begin with, and therefore it was forbidden to bow down and worsship it, now was he to be served.

So, in principel, since Moses is said to have been given the 10 commandments by God on Mount Sinai, how can NPT bpwing down and serving have been such a crime that This Peacock Angel should be damned to Hell?

We must definitely be missing something here because the Angel was actually obeying Godd. THis is a serious concern om my part and I am not trying to be flippant, but do not all these religions/sects illogical on those Points? If what they have as doctrines for their Faiths are to be beleived.

Besides is not forcing Little Girls and boys into perversion and corruption evil? Causing unnecessary pain and suffering while laughing , evil? consider these things and then ask yourselves, who is "my neighbor" nd as a Young forced into sexualcaptivity and so on, ask, from her perspective, "Who is my adversary"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You THINK you know that GOD is going to win...

tell me...

Can you find ONE LIE that SATAN TOLD in all of scripture?

No.

Tell me also, if GOD is so very absolutely inevitably going to "win" as you say, why...

WHY does SATAN cooperate so well with the expectations of GOD?

There are many things said about SATAN in the Bible, but how are you to know it is true?

SUPPOSE, just for a moment that the very OPPOSITE is true.

Imagine!

Do you really think that LUCIFER - being so very close to GOD ALMIGHTY would imagine that he could exalt ANYTHING above GOD - much less HIMSELF?

SERIOUSLY...

What did SATAN KNOW, and convince 1/3 of all the HEAVENLY HOST of, that perhaps GOD would not want you to know?

If you are a thinker, you have a lot of work to do - but if you're a real Christian, you don't have to think, do you? That's why it's called "faith."

Good luck being a sheep.

Source(s): E Christian Apologist
  • 1 decade ago

Try this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidi

Plenty of smart nourishment for your hungry soul at this site, or you belong to the 'Yadizi' community and just bringing our attention to your simple but interesting belief. More of such questions are most welcomed.

• 1 decade ago

the devil is from God, he isn't in competition, he is a scapegoat for our own mistakes. He is a creation of the sublime so do not blaspheme.

• 1 decade ago

And asking questions like this aren't going to get you brownie points with your god. It might work with the Christian community, though, if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.