Anonymous

When people talk about beauty and they mention Beyonce as a beautiful black woman why do some people?

get upset? Like if people are asked to list the most beautiful black women and mention Beyonce people thumbs them down or just get upset. Last time I checked Beyonce is black. I guess to some people because she's light skin she doesn't qualitify as a real black woman, which I think is ridiculous.

Race is a social construct but skin color isn't.

Jason what is "black people hair" not all black people have hair like me (kinky hair) and also Beyonce wears a weave her natural hair is not straight.

Her mother is not white.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6255/p40bjy2.jp...

Also I've heard her call herself African American or black several times.

Yes but not all black people have one hair type.

Best Answer

Yes shes is beautiful.

to some people above:

Beyonce's mom is half creole. Which mean she has French in her. But its very little. She is a black woman.

Because it's already known to America that People with lighter skin is considered beautiful than a person whose dark-skinned that some others feel they are the devil's children.

It's already mention in the dictionary that white is pure and that black is evil.

Media pretty much plays a good role to brainwash their audiences to have them to think otherwise.

That maybe the same thing with President Obama because if he was dark, he may not have been president.

I just wish people in America can live civilized where we can understand a person from the heart, than focusing on the color skin that doesn't tell a person's heart.

I don't know. In a way...I think people are a little "sick" of Beyonce. It seem like a lot of people see her as the only beautiful black woman in the world. I don't think it has anything to do with skin colour...if there is a list...people just might not find her attractive.

When people try to discredit someone, they are usually jealous. You wouldn't call her a beautiful white woman! She is obviously black. She is obviously beautiful. She is obviously a woman. This must mean she is a beautiful black woman...... Trying to discredit her because her skin isn't dark enough is a really prejudice thing to do. No one in the US of America is full blooded anything anyways. That's why we're called the "Great Melting Pot". I mean if she's not a beautiful black woman because she's not black enough, that means you couldn't call Whitney Houston or Halle Berry beautiful black women either.

People hate on Beyonce for stupid reasons and one being she's very successful. I like her, she's not a hollywood trainwreck or one who sleeps with random men. Her songs are catchy and many favor her vocal range. She is a good singer and she's now acting as well. It's a shame that some black people want to tear her down but praise lil wayne or go into this colorism faze praising dark skin blacks and making up things about light skin blacks like saying they bleach their skin or want to look more white.

• Reaper

Beyonce is black and not everyone thinks shes beautiful. I think what counts is without the makeup and all the fake crap.

Why are you asking what black people hair is....acording to what you just said you know what it means.

She represents an african american women, but not black women in general.

Sorry thats just what I feel.

Edit: Beyonce's mother is biracial, her mother is of Creole (African-American, Native American, and French) descent.

Some claim shes mixed....I think shes 3/4 black and 1/4 white..I could be wrong though. I dont follow too much on he say she say. Shes beautiful though reguardless of her race. Also those people do that because hmmm..I think your a hater....haha

• me

Good question. Hm. Well I guess she could qualify as a beautiful black woman or a beautiful white woman!

race is a social construct

Response: Yes, but your question implies race, too. In Brazil or Cuba, she would be categorized as mulatto. Here in the US, she can only be one or the other (white or black). Why?