Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

My Dell inspiron 1501 is not recognizing power supply. Why is that?

The whole story is that this computer has a crappy battery that lasts about 15 months tops. I killed the last one and bought a new 9 cell battery instead of the 6 cell. The old charger no longer works and my computer says it will stay on with that charger but not ruin the battery. I dont want to zap my battery- so i have kept it unplugged until i find what type of charger i need- the last one was a dell 65 watt charger- so im assuming i now get a dell 90 watt charger for 1501???? As much detail as possible please

Sorry- i wrote ruin- and i meant wont charge the battery....

• Sam
    Favorite Answer

Go here with your tag number http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx...

I had good chat today with them about my Dell laptop and they were very helpful.

Dell systems only recognize dell manufactured parts. Try updating your BIOS. You can download the update from www.support.dell.com