Anonymous

Americans how do you feel that your superpower status is eroding?

USA will lose its superpower status in the global financial system as after this whole recession thing is over and its effects the world will have multi-super powers not one and some of which may be greater than the US one day.

USA has nicely shown the rest of the developing world how 'too' free markets can go out of control now there are talks of how to regulate the banks its about time..

How do you feel knowing you could be the last generations living in the sole superpower you seem to have got use to thinking your the best (I know not all think this way).

Future possible superpowers alongside USA will be China, Russia, EU & India.

Other than super powers the future large economies are looking to be:

Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, The Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, and Vietnam.

Nothing lasts forever

Disrespectful? No one died I am not trying to disrespect anyone its not like they run their economy I just want opinions on how their countries status is changing

UK is also in recession you know so were in the same boat

Anti-h8t- The others I listed ie Bangladesh are not future superpowers but future large economies in this century and its only 9 years in so how do you know Bangladesh wont be a high income nation by 2099? I never said superpower

Where does it say any negativity about the American public in my question why are some getting upset im talking economics. Yes we are all in recession almost the USA is not going to lose its status overnight but right now it is going down the fastest. USA did not win WW2

Favorite Answer

I like this question! As a USA person, I am relieved to have our national ego punctured! This is such a young country, and has experienced hardly anything. Right now we are finally seeing the consequences of some of our actions, but alas we have already infected much of the rest of the world with our paradigm of excess. And so the whole world is suffering with us. I just hope so much that we learn some humility from this.

Source(s): Personal observation.

Well you are about half right. Obviously the EU is going to be up there, as it is already made of of some of the largest economies in the world. China and India also have the advantage of gigantic populations. Some would already consider China a superpower due to their manufacturing power.

However you are overlooking the fact that the crisis has hit everywhere around the world. Look at the economies of countries like Spain and Japan that are doing worse, or Iceland which was essentially collapsed.

• Sarah*

Well, I've been predicting our superpower status to go down the drain for a couple years now. But yeah nothing lasts forever. I just want America to be a first world country.

We will be like any country by the end of the century.

I give us 15 more years as a superpower status. After that, we;ll just be a power... no more special than any other first world nation.

Um mexico nigeria philippines are far far far away from being a superpower.

Just because a country has high economic growth does not mean anything when they are very undeveloped in the first place. I mean if a village gets a well its a improvement. But countries Like the US already have all that.

And yes we did win WW2 america and russia defeated germany. And america beat japan practically on its own.

And south korea only has a population of 40 million there is no way it could become a world power.

They will just bash you back cause you're not explaining all the variables as to why its happening. Its going to happen whether these people live to see it. America will be very different 50-80 years from now. @ Jefe Grande: Your Xbox comment was actually funny LOOL. I use Playstation Series, N64 and Dreamcast U Mad at the classics Bro? Naughty Dog is pretty good cant lie Uncharted Series is one of my favorite games but its not the best American studio, Bothesda and Rockstar puts out some fun stuff. Xbox will not be making a successor apparently.

this is true. nothing lasts forever. power comes and goes in waves. what goes up, must come down and history has shown this. even the uk is a shadow of it's former self. i do believe that if nigeria continues to progress then it will become a very prospourous economy. my family over there already live a better standard of life than i do. this is why i laugh when certain peple talk about africa. they have no idea what's going on there and by the time they do, it shall be too late!

Jim D- lmao. do you feel proud of yourself? how immature. i'm sure you noticed that the asker is black before making that comment. but let me tell you that 'forever' is a long time!

Superpower. yeah we will always be. But that is not what makes America special. Its that America is a beacon of hope for the values of personal responsibility, individual liberties and the right to pursue happiness whatever that is to you. Sure other countries do a great job with human rights, but America is the only country not founded on religion, or culture, or race. We are founded on an ideal, a beautiful one that will outlast even this great country. But as long as those values last then America is still the best nation ever created.

Lol i'm so glad someone asked this question. Most Americans are in denial so it'll be interesting to see what they do when they have to face up to the reality that they will no longer be the world's so called 'superpower.' You're right 'noting lasts forever.' I mean the British Empire was more successful than America ever was, and that collapsed so i don't know why some Americans act like their country is invicible.

Boohoo: There is no country that is healthy threat to you? Lmao, you DO realise that if Russia and the USA ever got into a war, that Russia could literally nuke America off the face of the planet within 20 minutes? That probably goes for China as well.

• You seem to be implying that most Americans are smug and conceited, thoroughly obsessed with "power". There have been other powerful countries for a long while now. This is not some kind of new revelation. It is good for all countries to be successful. How do you feel that "America's superpower status is eroding"? It seems you are quite pleased.

I'm not surprised to be honest. But this question is ignorant. Bangladesh is one of the poorest Nations in the world. What are they gonna sell to make their economy so great? Clay huts? Vietnam is also a third world hell hole. Russia has the highest percentage of suicides and alcoholism in the world. China or the EU will be super powers. Not the other ones you listed.

Edit....I never said you said superpower. 90 years is a long time from now. The world will be a completely different place by then, and I have a feeling most people alive right now will be dead then.