• Business & Finance >
  • Personal Finance
  • Business & Finance >
  • Personal Finance

Pending transactions?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I am in the UK and have a prepaid mastercard and someone in Kansas has made a transaction on it! The transaction is still pending and I phoned the card issuer who told me there was ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
I don't understand your card providers reaction !! . As far as I am aware you can stop any card transaction at any time ( before activation ) .
Contact your provider and TELL THEM to stop the transaction now. better still if they have a branch on your high st call in there and make a fuss if necessary.

Its attempted card fraud and they should deal with it.

Asker's rating & comment

3 out of 5
Phoned them again today and was told that the merchant collected the funds from my account this morning and I need to fill in a postal form to reclaim - which I will be charged for. Meanwhile, my card is blocked and the credit balance on it cant be used even by me.
  • 0
    0
  • Comment
pending transactions?
I am in the UK and have a prepaid mastercard and someone in Kansas has made a transaction on it! The transaction is still pending and I phoned the card issuer who told me there was nothing they could do for 10 days. If the merchant takes the funds from the account then my bank would be able to dispute it and try to claim it back. Until then, I can do nothing about it. Is this a lie?
Can I contact the merchant directly and tell them to cancel the transaction and if so, how?
All i have to go on is the authorisation code, and a brief description on my statement "EMILL RECESSION PROOF>8002580078>KN"
Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock