Pending transactions?

I am in the UK and have a prepaid mastercard and someone in Kansas has made a transaction on it! The transaction is still pending and I phoned the card issuer who told me there was nothing they could do for 10 days. If the merchant takes the funds from the account then my bank would be able to dispute it and try... show more I am in the UK and have a prepaid mastercard and someone in Kansas has made a transaction on it! The transaction is still pending and I phoned the card issuer who told me there was nothing they could do for 10 days. If the merchant takes the funds from the account then my bank would be able to dispute it and try to claim it back. Until then, I can do nothing about it. Is this a lie?
Can I contact the merchant directly and tell them to cancel the transaction and if so, how?
All i have to go on is the authorisation code, and a brief description on my statement "EMILL RECESSION PROOF>8002580078>KN"
1 answer