Wuthering Heights/Twilight quote?

There's a Wuthering Heights quote mentioned in Twilight that goes something along the lines of

"If all else ceased to exist and he were to prevail............. If all else remained and he did not, the universe would turn into a mighty stranger."

Do you know the full quote, or the page in Twilight? I can't find it.

Please and thank you.

Favorite Answer

I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is, or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of creation if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning; my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the Universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods. Time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees — my love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath — a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff — he's always, always in my mind — not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself — but as my own being — so, don't talk of our separation again — it is impracticable.--Chapter IX

Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte; Page 6

http://www.literary-quotations.com/w/wuthering_hei...

http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/Emily_Bronte/Wuther...

• douds

Wuthering Heights Twilight

• Gail

Nothing cute about the love in Wuthering Heights, I'm afraid. If you read it, you'll understand what I mean. It tends to walk a very fine line between love and hate, and is full of death, sickness and despair as well as elements of the paranormal. It's a brilliant book. Read it all and you might find you'll enjoy it.

It's in Eclipse, pg 611

"If all else perished, and he remained, should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn into a mighty stranger."