Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Pleas tell me that I'm not the only one who takes offence at Twilight?

Seriously folks, Twilight is a sad disgrace to all vampire kind!

It's like the crummy "Boy Band" fad of the wide world of vampires!

I mean come on, at least grow some fangs for crying out loud!

And I know all the Twilight fans are gonna hate me, bark insults at me, or even report me, but I'd like to remind them right now about the freedoms of speech and expression.

If you don't like what I have to say, THEN MOVE ON!

@ Princes Palm Tree >>

It's not that I can't take the criticism from Twilight fans (trust me, I can), it's just that I'm not interested in wasting my time listening to all the mindless babble that fans tend to throw at those that critique the source of their obsession.

I have no time for such nonsense.

PS. I did take the time to both read the books and watch the movie, jut to see what all the fuss was about...

I'm not impressed.

PS. I did take the time to both read the books and watch the movie, just to see what all the fuss was about...

I'm not impressed.

• ,
    Favorite Answer

It's goddamn awful, seriously. The way the vampires are portrayed... is a major disgrace to the name of 'vampire'.

The ones in Twilight are so tame that they make me puke with disgust. If they're gonna be portrayed like that, for goodness' sake, DON'T call them vampires! More like 'lamepires'! Plus they sparkle in the sun... oh my goodness... it is so ridiculous but too bad I can't even laugh.

I reported a question that had a link I clicked on that was a virus. Does that make me foolish to try and prevent others from getting a virus in their system especially if it doesn't have a good anti virus program? As far as reading jokes, ignorance, or outright racism and bigotry, I enjoy the jokes and ignore the rest. I think there are a lot of people that report questions and answers to either be malicious or silence something they don't agree with.

LMFAO. I totally agree. And wtf nobody is that perfect, and they especially don't glitter.... Ugh. You have got to be kidding me... This woman was either on massive LSD when she wrote this, or she did one too many shrooms.

I have read the books and seen the movie... and to tell you the truth, I have no idea why people think the actors and actresses are so hot... I mean I have seen hotter people walking down the street. That lead guy is not anywhere near the image that the books expressed. Not to mention they left out all the parts that I found a tad bit interesting...

And who cares if they hate you for this... They need to learn something, and they need to know when there is a good book and a horribly written book right in front of them.

I swear I read "Edwards lips pressed together in a hard line" About 9325820985738495 times.... and I cant stand how she wrote... Just every other words were repeated... and the same lines were used about 15 times per page... I don't know how she got those things on the market. Ugh.

So you don't want anyone to answer if they disagree with you? Aren't you a strong man :)

Seriously though, vampires are a figment of people's imagination, who cares if other people think of them differently?

Edit: Not everyone that likes it goes on with 'mindless babble' about it. Some put up good arguements to defend it, or at least reason with people that hate it. If you don't want to waste your time listening to them you shouldn't even talk about Twilight to begin with.

ok so you got ur opinion kool,,, well i also have freedom of speech right???and i think that if u didnt like twilight thatz ur opinion ok whatever its ur life right???again. i think that if someone desides to write a book and describe vampires differently kool i like to see new ideas TWILIGH was awsome for my opinion my taste i mean if u didnt like it u got to have bad taste or something cuz i have read most of the other books listed up there ^,,,,,, and twilight for me was more inpressive ( i think vampires are better the way they are in twilight)really and no i dont got bad taste TRUST me and u dont know me i actually have an open mind and i can take new ideas ok yeah the glittering was kind of silly but i like it......ITs my life and im living it screw what every body says if u like something then go for it like what the F*ck its not like u people pay my rent or pay for my crap to tell me to read a better book Common i think i know what i do with my time and yeah let me get it straith

I'd like to remind u right now about the freedoms of speech and expression. right!!!!!!! :) this is wat i think ^_^

Heya~!

Nope ur not the only one ^.^

i personnally read all 4 books and watched the movie which was horrible by the way .. and i still dont get all the freakin fuss they were makin about twilight

i mean serioulsy if the book were ever to be history the movie just ruined its chances v.v

harry potter 1 definetly rocks much much much much more! .. harry potter1 was history .. no body had ever seen such a thingh .. im a harry potter team and ill always be loyal to me team unlike u "twilighters"

no offense

Cya~! ^.^

The books are ok but I do agree with you.

At first I was disappointed that Twilight's vampires had no fangs, were vegetarians, sparkled (wtf), don't sleep...but I still enjoyed it. I'm having trouble finishing the last book. I read some of it, but now I just keep putting it off. I've kind of lost interest in the whole series.

• Ash

I have not seen the movie yet. I do want to BUT I do find it disgracefull the way the teens have thrown themselves at it. The genre used to stand for something more

May I remind you that the freedom of speech is not applicable when it comes to private parties.

I haven't seen the films (and don't yet want to) but I've ordered the books because I want to see what all the fuss is about.

I love Twilight. and What you said doesnt hurt me one bit.

I'm not gonna do anything mean to you because what you said.

I know that Twilight is gonna go down, just as fast as the "Jo Bro's" did.

But i still dont care. I'm gonna keep liking it untill I get bored of it. Kay?

But i really hope actually read the books and watched the movie before you came on here and instulted us Twilight fans.

If you didnt, then you have absolutly no say in it.

Hey I used to hate it to, untill I read the books and saw the movie.

Concider that.