Can I apply for a green card through my son?

My son is an american citizen and he is 21 years old. Can I apply for a green card through him having a diplomatic visa?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well, is he an American diplomat serving overseas, or is he a foreign diplomat serving in the US? That would certainly make a difference. In order to sponsor you for an immigrant visa and eventually a green card, he'd have to be a resident of the US. I don't think being a foreign diplomat here would count though as he isn't subject to US laws and doesn't pay US taxes.

• Purrr
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes, if he is an American Citizen, then he can petition for you. You are at an advantage bacause of his citizenship because you do not have to wait in line for a application # to become available, you will have one immediately, which will take at least 2 years off of the process.

Tell your son to go to

www.uscis.gov

to check the requirements.

• 1 decade ago

If qualified and is 21 an american citizen can petition for his/her parent(s). Now if your child is a diplomat, maybe it may go faster. I said maybe.

• Evie B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You might want to check into an immigration lawyer. I think at 21 your Son can sponsor you to come to this Country.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Your son can no longer sponsor your. he's not yet 21. He does no longer have a activity. And he can no longer assist you financially. Your sister can sponsor you. She needs to record style I-one hundred thirty. that's going to take 12 years. you may no longer wait contained in the U. S..

• Ali A
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

He'll probably also need to prove he can support you (sign an affidavit to sponsor you).

• 1 decade ago

He has to file the petition for you.

• 1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.