what is the old medication called APC?

An old medication used to treat headaches and mild pain about 50 years ago

• Rich Z
    Favorite Answer

It was the initials of the three main ingredients. I remember the A was aspirin and the C was caffeine.

I just found the P was phenacetin, another painkiller to help the aspirin with the caffeine as a stimulant.

The phenacetin was later found to increase risk of bladder and kidney cancer. That killed everyone's enthusiasm for APC.

The P is still used by drug dealers as a cheap way to cut cocaine to increase their profits.

• doucet

Apc Tablets

• Rose

Your mother is crazy. You are not an old maid and you have plenty of time to get married. Tell her you want to make yourself financially secure before getting married because then if the relationship doesn't work out you will not be left out on you ear. Tell her you want to have a few years on your own in your own carreer like she did since she was 19 when she first got her degree and didn't get married until like 3 years later. Tell her getting married right now is not the best decision for you and with the way most relationships go now -a -days you want to make sure you have enough work experience to be able to live and take care of yourself before you get in a serious relationship. Tell her in order to be an old maid you would have to be old and you are still young. Tell her it hurts your feelings for her to be calling you an old maid and have so little faith in your future.

My druggist (old guy like me ) remembers the APC, looked it up for me and said it had been discontinued decades ago and the closest to it today is Goodys powder.

It was widely dispensed by doctors in the US Army. (My father was one.) We kept a big jar of it handy. Hadn't thought about it for ages, and all of a sudden began wondering why I never see it any more.

It was Asprine+paracetamol+codiene