Why is it so hard for people to try to be good, and think positive thoughts?

It's like they don't want to. They want to think whatever, positive or negative, they dont want to be told what to do or controlled, and they don't want to try to be good, they just want to be as is. That sounds legit and fine in theory but...don't people understand that their motivations,... show more It's like they don't want to. They want to think whatever, positive or negative, they dont want to be told what to do or controlled, and they don't want to try to be good, they just want to be as is.

That sounds legit and fine in theory but...don't people understand that their motivations, aspirations, thoughts...anything and everything that goes through their minds by the minute, second, day, month..etc....ultimately shapes their aura, affects those around them, and can adversely affect their mental/physical health as well?

I mean, you don't have to believe in a God necessarily, or whatever, but would it k9ll people, even the absolute "there is nothing" Darwinian atheists to just be that way?

Many claim, well it's just nature,survival of the fittest, that's just life. But what does that really accomplish? does that enhance our everyday life experience with each other? Does that make you better people? NO, because according to those theories, you don't need to be, because it doesn't matter. You have to answer to no one, and that pleases our natural animal instinct, but only furthers the pretty harsh reality of life being the way it is, and does nothing to really help anything.

Which leads me to believe that there are a large group of people out there who really don't want anything to get better or care, they just accept it as is, and that's that. They're happy being animal/apes evolved from go knows what,...and this is the way it always will be.

Well I personally look around the world and see lots of good people with good examples but also lots and lots of bad.

People seem to accept atheism, Darwin's theories, survival of the fittest, nothing matters we're insignificant, bla bla bla..like this empty and unfair universe,....but they don't see how thinking that daily, and also allowing all and any thoughts, without filtering them, to go in and out of our mind and psyche, can be seriously detrimental to ourselves and how others percieve us, and can create a domino effect of...pretty much ...unproductive and ultimately...not positive, or progressive, or philantropic, or humanitarian things.

Just further pushes misantropy, every man for himself, etc.

I mean to make this epic short,...

whatever God you believe in, whatever you don't believe in,...if you are or not or whateve walk of life you come from,...

why is it still SOOOOOOOOOO hard to try to be good and simply think positive thoughts?

I mean we have the minds and the awareness/consciousness to rise above this primitive, nature state we find ourselves in,....

we seem to be capable of emotions...

so why not make this place a little better...instead of just...being the way we are (many of us not all of us), and letting the world go on as is?

I mean we create our own problems as humans, in many ways doom ourselves, then expect a bailout or something...lol.

I mean how do we expect people who don't care.....to save other people who don't care?
Update: We already live in a society of....well need I go further? We know how it is. I even talk about it allllllllll the friggin time because I see it all the time, and some people even get SICK of hearing it. So that should tell you that this is a problem but it seems like one that just won't ever solve... show more We already live in a society of....well need I go further? We know how it is. I even talk about it allllllllll the friggin time because I see it all the time, and some people even get SICK of hearing it.

So that should tell you that this is a problem but it seems like one that just won't ever solve itself, so the message is : move on bucko! Realize it, and move on, scr9w everyone else.

That seems to be the right answer, but yet SO so very sad.
Update 2: By the way, I just have to really thank you guys for your responses because they seem very thoughtul and well-thought out, and it really makes a world of a difference.