jenn asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Unique baby shower games?

I along with my sisters/mother/mother-to-be's mother are throwing a baby shower Sunday for my brother and his fiance. The problem is I need another game. I want something unique and fun. Ages range from kids to grandparents. I already have baby bingo, baby item scramble, price is right (guess the price of items like car seat and crib), and poopy diaper game (the one with candy bars). I need one more. Please help.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Favorite Answer

at my baby shower we did the you cant say baby game which someone has already explained, the guess the items in the basket which someone has already explained except send the basket around first then make them play other games so they forget and come back to that one last or you could totally trick them and they are memorizing everything in the basket then send the mother to be out of the room and they have to say exactly what she was wearing like jewlery and all that, we also put skittles in a bottle and they had to guess how many was in it when they came in and at the end of the shower we told them winner and gave them a prize who ever is closest wins and people will be really far off because it doesnt look like there is as many as there really is most people guessed about 100 and there was 220 in the bottle, the best game is the rice game u get a bowl of rice and put little safety pins in it blind fold whoever is playing and they have to dig in to find safety pins for 30 seconds its alot harder than it sounds

One game the participants have a bowl of cotton balls between their legs and a spoon. They try to scoop up cotton balls and put them in a hat or pie pan that they hold on their head.

Another one you tell the guest that there are certain words they cant say for the entire shower(i.e. baby, pregnant, baby's name). Prizes given to the one who holds their tongue.

In another game people are given safety pins. You are not allowed to cross your legs. If someone catches someone crossing their legs they get their pin (or all their pins if they have more than one). The one with the most pins wins.

In yet another you put a bunch of baby items on a tray. Let everyone get a good look at the items then take the tray out of the room and remove a few items. Bring the tray back and see who can remember what item is missing.

Have fun!!!

How many squares of toilet paper does it take to fit around Mommy's tummy. (or you can use blue/pink yarn)

Give them pins at the beginning of the baby shower; and they arent allowed to say the word "BABY"... if they say the word baby, and someone hears it. The person that heard it, and called them out first-gets their pin(or pins, depending on if they've heard someone say it already). Then whoever has the most pins at the end of the baby shower gets a prize.

A memory game: Put a bunch of different baby items on a tray, give every woman a chance to look at the tray. Then give them a peice of paper and a pen, and whichever woman remembered the most items gets a prize.

I know of a a couple fun ones...

baby animal names...you give the name of the animal and they have to know what the baby name is..like a cow/calf kangaroo/joey bear/cub, you can go online and get more...

and on old favorite...

give every guest a clothes pin to wear and every time someone says a certain word (cute, baby, etc) they lose their clothes pin and the one with the most at the end of the shower wins!

Have fun at your shower and good luck with your new baby!

Source(s): planning a shower too!

Have a tray brought around to each guest who wants to participate with a bunch of clothes pins on it. One by one, have each guest grab as many clothes pins as they can with one hand, and the guest who can grab the most wins!

I once went to a baby shower where each table had a white onesie on it, and we had to draw a design on the onesie using sharpies. The Parents then came out and chose the winner!

guess the babies moms tummy but you have to guess her size first and then after everybody guesses you have the tummys size and then after you have the mommys sized measured out then you have everybody see if there are the closes size the the mommys tummy

and the top 2 winners gets some prize or something

for my babyshower we played:

1. were you put cotton balls on the floor and you blind fold the person and you give them a plate and they have to put it in there head and with the other hand a spatula and they have to try to get as much cotton balls. the one that has the most wins,

2.buy baby bottles (they don't have to be expensive they can be cheap) fill them up with like juice pass them out and who ever finish the first wins...

3. you buy a doll and they have to change her who ever has the lowest time they win..

I hope i help..

Get a pink or blue ribbon roll, according to the sex, and have the guests cut the amount of ribbon they think will fit around the pregnant womans belly, I loved that one!

you could do the one where everyone guesses how big around she is in inches then measure her, a game where everyone makes a bet, (for any prize) to guess the exact due date, then whoever got it right gets the prize after the baby is born.

i was also going to suggest the ribbon to guess belly size

i am having baby freeze .. these are little babies that u freeze in ur drink and the first baby born wins a prize