t j asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 decade ago

Any tips on slot machine gambling?

not smarty pants either please. I am looking maybe for ratios of quarters versus dollar slots and types and such thanks

• Joe
    Favorite Answer

Look for the machines with progressive jackpots. Find which machines have a jackpot with the highest ratio to bet size, and play those machines. Believe it or not, it's actually possible for the jackpot to reach such a high amount that the players actually are playing at an advantage! There are people who have this down to such a science that they can and do make a living at playing slot machines.

• David

Yes, a few tips. Stick to video poker. The payout on slots is terrible, but video poker has the best overall odds in any casino. Buy and read a book on the subject. There are many good ones to be had. Follow the rules the books teach you. Go for the fair to middling hands, such as three of a kind, straights, etc. Avoid the temptation to shoot for Royal Flushes. That is deadly to your winnings.

Also, playing judiciously keeps you at the machine for a good long while collecting the all important free drinks.

Source(s): I lived in Las Vegas for two years and used this system personally. You won't get rich, but you should be able to avoid losing your butt.

In major casinos, you want to play machines that are visible from the isles, and preferably visible from the doorway. The management wants to have people seeing other people winning, to entice them into trying their luck.

You never want to play machines located in stores, or the airport. They pay off much more poorly.

All slots will take your money over time. One secret is to set a daily limit for playing and once you have spent that money,quit for the day.

If you hit a good payout (higher than your daily limit), take anything over your daily limit and put it away. Do not increase your limit because you have won, you will end up giving all your winnings back.

Remember, you most likely will lose. Only play with money that you can afford to lose, and look at it as paying for entertainment.

Source(s): Life experience and I usually leave Vegas with about what I brought with me.

So called experts would say progressive jackpots are the best.

I always look for any numbers on the machines.

Most machines have a serial number, many have a number that corresponds to the row like "D34" for instance.

I go to the casino with specific numbers that I'm looking for that will be lucky for me that day. The last time I went to a casino I hit a progressive jackpot on a machine that I chose based on the number I was looking for.

I have numbers listed on my site.

I incorporate numerology, astrology, and native American spirituality.

I have a complete dream dictionary, talisman and daily picks based on astrology all for free! check out Raven's Lucky Numbers: http://www.luckynumbersonline.com

switch machines after a big payout

The only trick that works for me is to pull the ticket when the pay is about 15 to 80 Dlls. and them place money again, the electronic device "believe" that you are a new player and soon you get pay again.

Good Luck!!

yeah, unless you like to piss money away, don't do it. .

Slot machines are what brings in the majority of money into casino's.

this kind of works..but if you get a decent payout Switch machines and don't go back....

• ?

my tip is don t play gambling on casino

You can only control your odds by playing video poker.....Everything else is pot luck