Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 1 decade ago

Is Toby Keith really a racist?

I was playing my toby keith cd in my car while I was working on it today and i actually had some guy walk buy and accuse me of being a racist for playing Toby Keith. He said Toby hates black people and Mexicans and is in favor of lynching and went on an on about a bunch of hoopla. I didn't have a comeback and just told him I have never heard anything about Toby being a racist.

I have been to 2 Toby Keith concerts and never heard anything about him being a racist before, Maybe I need to get out more.

What's the deal, is the dude a racist or what?

• Me
    Favorite Answer

Seeing he has a black horn section that plays in his band and is best friends with Wayman Tisdale and several other black OU athletes I hardly think he is racist.Plus he sings a Barry White song with Tisdale on his latest jazz CD. All racists are jamming on Barry White songs,aren't they?

I learned long ago in life the people who point the finger and scream "RACIST" are usually the REAL racists.Those same people are usually Liberals btw..

Toby Keith Racist

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is Toby Keith really a racist?

I was playing my toby keith cd in my car while I was working on it today and i actually had some guy walk buy and accuse me of being a racist for playing Toby Keith. He said Toby hates black people and Mexicans and is in favor of lynching and went on an on about a bunch of hoopla. I didn't...

Source(s): toby keith racist: https://tr.im/zDESH

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/7OlCf

Aside from the George Jones comment,I agree for once with Ted (Did I just say that?)..I don't think Toby would be best friends with Wayman Tisdale ( Former OU basketball great/ jazz musican) whom he just recorded a Barry White song with on Way's latest cd if he was a racist.. Get out of here with this crap... Any anyone who thinks the Rebel Flag has anything to do with slavery needs to take history class over again.

I thinks its simply amazing that he can't be a Racist since he 'works' with black people..lol

No, the last thing on earth Toby is, is racist. That person was probably one of the thousands that jumped on board with the "Huffington Post" that created quite a controversy prior to the elections when they used Toby and his song "Beer For My Horses" for their own personal agenda. They accused him of being racist and a pro-lynching advocate and put it out there during the height of the race for the presidency, twisting every word and meaning of the song in order to prove their point. It was widely publicised and circulated in the political arena.

Toby employs many people who are both black, mexican or any number of other ethnicities with which he entrusts them to key functions of his show A racist wouldn't entrust his lighting and stage production to them As "Me" pointed out His horn section, of which "G" (Gaika James) and Willie Roy and Ramon are ethnically diverse and have worked for him for many years. They have nothing but respect and admiration for him which is why they stay with him.

What a hoot! Dude was full of B.S. Keith is a Conservative and "all American" but unless you are from the way left wing of the democratic party, being a Conservative patriot hardly puts you into the racist camp!

• I don't think he is racist because he has a black guy in his band!

He maybe thinking of David Allan Coe.Toby Keith?Tell that guy to prove it or you will punch him in the face.

reckon only he knows