What book do you think deserves more recognition?

What book, any book at all, do you think deserves more of a fanbase? Or, what book do you think actually deserves to be mentioned in every other question in Y!A's Books & Authors section?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit.

• Hello
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Maximum Ride!!! The next one comes out soon, and the first movie!!!

Except Final Warning was disapointing, there are rumors that Max will be about fish, and there are other rumors that whatsherfacethatplayedbella will be Max in the movie, tough Elle Fanning will make an excellent Angel. Sorry, I'm obsessed.

Obviously, Lord of the Rings deserves to have the biggest fanbase in the history of the earth, but I didn't mention it because it's already pretty well known. It's such an epic story that more people need to read it, even though the style can be difficult for some readers. (Yes I am obsessed with this too)

Source(s): The Flock rules!!!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think that Sabriel, Discworld books, Amber books, Shade's Children, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Dune all deserve fanbases as big as Twilight!

• 1 decade ago

1. Pendragon Series by D.J. MacHale

2. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray

3. The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

4. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Good Omens (or any other book by Neil Gaimen/Terry Pratchett, really)

Anything by Chris Wooding

Bartimaeus Trilogy

Pendragon Series

Legend of Drizzt

Perdido Street Station (or other books by China Mieville)

Basically anything that can actually be discussed beyond, "Which does girl A deserve more, boy Z or boy Y?!?!?!11?11?one!"

Oh, and anything by Garth Nix.

@Kat: I adored Sabriel and Shade's Children! :)

• 1 decade ago

The What If... books! They are really good, and it does have a fan base, but less people read it than other books

• Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The millions of fans seem to think so. Apparently you don't. A million against one. Perhaps you know better than millions of people of all ages, or perhaps you should consider why you feel the need to hate on Potter.

• 1 decade ago

The Gemma Doyle Series

I dare you to read "A Great and Terrible Beauty." If you like fantasy, adventure, 19th century scandals and romance, you will love this series.

• May Bird - Jodi Lynn Anderson

like no one i know has ever heard of it! its an amazing book!!!!!! my absolute favorite! It definitely needs more recognition!

• 1 decade ago

By authors:

Chuck Palahniuk

Emily Bronte

and The Catcher in the Rye for more reasons other than, "I have to read it for school."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.